Expecting a baby is one of the happiest things in life. However, as you prepare for the newborn, there are certain things to get. These things include baby clothes, wardrobes, walkers, feeding kits, and strollers, among other necessities.
After the first few months of our babies (6-8 months), they start to crawl, and this takes a while. After crawling for certain months, they start making efforts to take their first steps, which is always a lovely sight to catch.
When they get to this point, they need adequate support to guide them through the walking phase. Although mothers are the best supports for babies there is also a need for walkers.
There are various kinds, brands as well and types of baby walkers in the market. Walkers come in different prices and designs that will excite the baby. Some even come with toys and accessories.
As a mother-to-be or a mum, getting a good, safe, and robust walker can be stressful, but with the right information, it comes easy. Therefore, this post on a baby walker is essential, and you need to pay attention to the details of this post.
Baby Walker in Nigeria
Since the introduction of baby walkers into the Nigerian market, parents, as well as guardians, have been utilizing it. You will hardly come by a pregnant woman shopping for her baby without the walker on the list.
When you have the chance to visit the market or baby stores, you will see different designs of beautiful walkers everywhere. This is to show you how prominent and vital it is.
Apart from the walking support, it helps the baby with his or her standing posture. Also, it keeps them busy as they play with toys and accessories that come with the walker.
Different Types of Baby Walkers
There are various types of baby walkers in the market, and they include convertible, seated, and seat-to-stand walkers. We shall be taking a critical look at them one after the other.
Seated Baby Walker
This particular walker is the perfect support for children who weigh between 15 to 26 pounds. It’s suitable for babies who raise their heads and sit on their own.
The seated baby walker comes in a mix of fabric, and plastic or steel. It has leg holes cut out so their legs can touch the floor.
Although the walker gets babies ready to walk on their own mothers should avoid extensive use. This baby walker comes with toys to keep the baby busy and also boost their cognitive skills. At times the walker has themes that are gender-specific like cars for boys and or princess for girls.
Convertible Baby Walker
A convertible walker as the name implies can switch positions. It can be a seated walker when you want and also function as a sit-to-stand walker when the need arises.
A convertible walker saves money because you don’t need to buy a new unit when the child starts to walk. All you need is to convert the walker to a stand-up unit.
Most of these convertible walkers have a detachable toy station or activity center. These toy stations train the child on how to hold things and also engage them.
A sit-to-stand walker helps your child with balancing as well as walking skills. The child pushes it around like a shopping cart.
Most learning walkers come in sturdy plastic and designs that help in teaching kids colors, shapes, animals, and other subjects.
It has a toy station or interactive panel and a bar to hold and also maintain balance while he/she walks around the house.
Features of Baby Walkers
Baby walkers come with mind-blowing and exciting features that will support the baby with posture, walking, and play.
These features are the things to look out for in baby walkers.
- Quality Material: The walker should come in the right materials. It should be in steel frames and sturdy plastic. Also, the fabric must be sturdy and washable, preferably by machine.
- Safety: Every baby walker should have safety bumpers, non-skid grips, or other built-in measures to prevent accidents.
- Wheel and Movement: Baby walkers should have wheels that move freely and allow babies to maneuver anywhere in the house without getting “stuck”.
- Toys: Top walkers contain different toys that teach children skills and aid development. The varieties of toys a walker has aren’t as crucial as their engagement and educational value.
- Storage & Maintenance: A baby walker should be foldable for storage. Also, the wheels, cushions, and seat heights, should be adjustable and detachable for cleaning.
Prices of Baby Walker
|1||Universal Activity Baby Walker||₦15,000 – ₦45, 000|
|2||Graceland baby Walker:||₦18,000 – ₦35,000|
|3||Universal 4-in-1 Multifunctional walker||₦20,000 – ₦65,000|
|4||Universal Rain and Light Baby Walker||₦20,000 – ₦65, 000|
|5||Redkite Go Around 2 in 1 Baby Walker:||₦24,000 – ₦70,000|
|6||Disney Unisex Walker:||₦25,500 – ₦70,000|
|7||Bravo Baby Walker||₦30,000 – ₦75,000|
|8||Discovery Baby Walker||₦30, 000 – ₦75,000|
|9||Graco Discovery Walker||₦35,000 – ₦80,500|
|10||Safety First Walker||₦30,000 – ₦80,000|
|11||Disney Music and Light Walker||₦35,000 – ₦90,000|
|12||Hauck Activity Baby Walker||₦35,000 – ₦90,000|
|13||Mastela Weeler Baby Ocean Explorer Walker||₦80,000 – ₦140,000|
Guidelines on Baby Walkers
There are certain things to look out for when buying or picking a baby walker. These are vital things that will affect the usage of the walker. These things include:
- Safety: This is a significant thing to consider before choosing a walker. Will your baby be safe in it? Is the speed adjustable? Is it strong enough? Does it have grips to avoid slipping off? These are the questions the walker must answer before buying.
- Comfort: When shopping for the baby, it is essential to consider the baby’s comfort and this goes for the baby walker. The walker should accommodate your baby comfortably without any inconvenience. The seat of the walker should be soft, and in case there is a belt for a guard, it shouldn’t be too tight or hard.
- Weight: If you are picking a baby walker, you need to consider the weight of the baby. It must correspond. Although the walker must not be too heavy as that could hinder movement, it should be of moderate weight.
- Height: The same consideration for the weight goes for the height. There must be a balance between the porch your baby sits on and the height of the baby’s feet. If it’s too high or low, it might affect the baby, and he or she could get tired quickly.
- Material: Pick a walker that comes in a quality material that will be durable enough to last the baby. It should also be a washable material because hygiene must be in check when dealing with babies or toddlers,
- Go for a detachable walker, in case of movement and storage.
- Ensure the walker you are picking is adjustable to avoid the baby outgrowing the taller before achieving its purpose.
Where to Buy Baby Walkers in Nigeria
Baby walkers are one of the everyday things you will get quickly in the market. Just visit baby stores in the markets around you or go to departmental stores.
These walkers are also available in a variety of e-commerce stores in Nigeria. You can get walkers on Jumia, Konga, and Jiji among others.
A baby walker is a vital part of a baby’s nursery, so as you are shopping for your baby, don’t leave it out. I’m confident that with this post, you won’t encounter any difficulty buying the best baby walker in the market.
I hope you find this post useful, feel free to share it with your friends and family.