As a Ghanaian or resident of Ghana planning to visit Egypt for business, holiday, or any other reason, know that you can’t do that without hitting the Egypt embassy in Ghana.
This embassy takes care of any Egypt-related matter in Ghana. The embassy oversees anything that has to do with Egypt or Egyptians in Ghana.
Egypt Embassy in Ghana is in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. The embassy is one of the numerous foreign representations in Ghana. The country has 158 Egyptian consular as well as diplomatic representations abroad, and this is one of them.
The embassy provides inquiries as regards passport requirements as well as visa regulations among other things. Mohammed Mostafa Heider is the ambassador in charge of the embassy.
So if you want to do any Egypt-related activity in Ghana or you want to procure an Egyptian visa, then you need to pay adequate attention to this post.
Contact Details and Address of Egypt Embassy in Ghana
Before making travel plans, it is wise to make inquiries from the embassy by utilizing any of the information highlighted below:
- Office Address: 38 Senchi Street, Airport Residential Area, Accra, Ghana
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Website: http://www.mfa.gov.eg/Accra_Emb
- Phone Number: +233-21-776854, +233-21-776795
- FAX: +233-21-777579
Head of Embassy Mission: Mohammed Mostafa Heider, Ambassador
You can visit their office on these days and times;
Monday – Friday: 08:30-15:00
Visa Procurement at the Egypt Embassy in Ghana
If you want to apply for a visa as a Ghanaian citizen, you must have some documents in your possession depending on the type of visa.
The documents include a passport, Photographs, Business cover letter, Proof of travel arrangements, etc. Therefore, let’s look at these documents one after the other.
You must provide your genuinely signed passport, which includes two copies showing the personal information on the passport. Note that the passport must meet the following criteria:
- Be valid for at least six months
- Come with at least one blank visa page
- No alteration, fray, or tear must be on the passport.
For photographs, you must provide two color passport photographs that must conform to the following criteria:
- Printing of the passport must be on high-quality photo paper, and it shouldn’t be more than a three-month passport
- The dimensions should be two inches by two inches
- The photograph should be on an all-white background
- The picture should cover the full frontal view of your head. However, your face should be in a middle position displaying a non-smiling expression
- You cannot have headwear on or eyeglasses except for religious purposes
- Avoid attaching your passport to your application. Therefore it should not show evidence of staples or adhesive tapes
Business Cover Letter
If a U.S.-based company is sponsoring your trip, you need to provide a business cover letter from them. The letters must bear the company letterhead displaying a U.S. mailing address.
When printing the business cover letter, you must print out two copies and submit them to the appropriate authorities.
Visa Application Form
Endeavor to complete the application and provide two copies of the application. Meanwhile, on the application form, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- Provide answers for all fields
- Write down your full name as it is displayed on your passport
- Must be signed
- For the section labeled “Other Information,” endeavor to specify the name of your employer and use either “retired” or “student” instead of an employer if you are currently not engaged with any employer
Proof of travel arrangements
Proof of travel arrangements for the entire duration of the trip must be provided. Details of the arrangements must:
- Show the full name of the traveller
- Include two copies of an e-ticket or an itinerary that displays your entry as well as exit dates and your round-trip travel for your destination
Services of the Egypt Embassy in Ghana
The embassy offers a wide range of services which include the following:
- Visa application
- Specific contacts and information in Egypt
- The requirement of getting Egyptian citizenship
- Information about Egyptian culture, sports, education, economy, etc.
for those seeking assistance or information from the Egypt Embassy in Ghana, the provided address and contact details serve as the key points of access. Ensure accurate and up-to-date information to facilitate any necessary communication or visits. Whether for consular services or general inquiries, having the correct embassy details is crucial for a smooth and efficient engagement with the Egyptian Embassy in Ghana.
So, why are you still waiting? Get your visa, pack your luggage, and go for your trip to Egypt. I hope you find this post useful. Thanks for reading.