In this post, I will reveal all you need to know about Guaranty Trust Bank, including a brief history of GTB, Banking Benefits, GTBank USSD Codes, and Online Login, Guaranty Trust Bank Branches Worldwide, GTB Loans, Contacts, and GTBank Customer Care.
Table of Contents
- Brief History of Guaranty Trust Bank
- GTBANK Smart USSD Codes
- How to Enroll for the GTbank Using USSd Code
- GT BANK MOBILE BANKING
- How To Open a GTBANK Account
- How To Reactivate Your GTBank Account
- How To Transfer Funds Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- GTBank Daily Transfer Limit
- How To Buy Data & Airtime Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Check Your GTB Account Balance on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Create a Transaction PIN on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Apply For a Loan on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Create an OTP (One Time Password) on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Create Internet Banking Login Details on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- How To Download The GTBANK MOBILE APP [GT WORLD] For ANDROID
- How To Download The GTBANK MOBILE APP [GT WORLD] For IOS
- How To Pay Bills on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
- Guaranty Trust Bank Enquiries Codes
- GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTBANK) CUSTOMER CARE NUMBERS, WHATSAPP, AND CONTACT DETAILS
- GTBANK CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER
- GTBANK EMAIL Contact
- GTBANK LIVE CHAT
- GTBANK SWIFT CODE
Guaranty Trust Bank’s unique banking code is *737#
With the Guaranty Trust Bank USSD code *737#, customers can perform financial transactions from their comfort zone using their smartphones or any other mobile device without the need for internet or data.
Customers can also access their account information from the USSD code at any time, day and night. The USSD code is available 24/7, 365 days a year for their convenience and it has been specifically designed to cater to all types of users.
You can access all of GTB’s financial services from changing your pin to blocking your card, checking your account balance, requesting a loan from GTB, and more. These transactions and services are done safely and securely from a mobile phone that is linked to the bank and it is available to MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9mobile subscribers…
Guaranty Trust Bank also known as GTBank or GTB is one of Nigeria’s finest multinational financial institutions that specializes in Retail, Corporate Banking and Investment Banking, Internet Banking, and Asset Management services.
Before I tell you all you need to know about GTB, did you know that you can open a USA bank account for free with Wise.com? Head over to Wise.com now to get a multi-currency account that can seamlessly send and receive money at the real exchange rate with no hidden fees.
Brief History of Guaranty Trust Bank
GTBank Plc was formed in 1988 by Tayo Aderinokun, Fola Adeola, Femi Pedro, and over 35 young Nigerians still in their youth. GTBank is a Public Limited Company that was incorporated to provide retail, commercial and Corporate banking services to the Nigerian public on the 17th of January 1990, but commenced operations in February 1991.
Guaranty Trust Bank plc is dominant in most English and French-speaking countries in West Africa, East Africa, and even some parts of Europe. GTB currently has a Total Asset Base of over N3.20trillion and about 12,000 professionals operating in Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Liberia, Gambia, Ghana, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, United Kingdom, and some parts of Europe working to make their customers happy.
Mr. Hezekiah Oyinlola is the current chairman of the GTCO Plc group. Mr. Segun Agbaje is Group CEO, while Miriam Olusanya is the Managing Director of the group, supported by a board of directors consisting of distinguished members including the likes of Catherine Echeozo, Suleiman Barau, Helen Lee Bouygues, and Adebanji Adeniyi. It holds Banking Headquarters at 635 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria
GTBANK Smart USSD Codes
*737# is more than mere numbers. With this code, you can control your whole banking system using this GTB SELF-SERVICE CODE. *737# allows you to bank safely, anytime, anywhere, on any device all in a smart and simple way.
How to Enroll for the GTbank Using USSd Code
So to make the process of opening an account using the USSD code is as simple, fast, and convenient as possible, this can be completed in just four steps:
- Firstly, dial *737*11# on your registered and active mobile number.
- Then you should input your Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Later on input the Account Officer code (if known) or press 1 to continue.
- Lastly, to conclude your account reactivation, create a transaction by buying at least ₦50 airtime
Gtbank USSD transfer code works on any phone from any location and anywhere on the go To perform this service, customers would have to make certain that their phone number is linked to their GTBank account before using the USSD code for any transaction or service. You can use the *737# self-service code to
- Open a GTBANK account
- Reactivate Your GTBank Account
- Transfer Funds to other GTBank and Other Bank Accounts
- Buy Data & Airtime for self and others
- Check Your GTB Account Balance
- Create an OTP (One Time Password)
- Create a Transaction PIN
- Create Internet Banking Login Details
- Pay Bills (Electricity, Cable TV…)
- Cardless Withdrawal at ATMs and PoS Machines.
YOU CAN ALSO CARRY OUT ANY OF THESE TRANSACTIONS BY GOING TO ANY GUARANTY TRUST BANK BRANCH NEAR YOU.
GT BANK MOBILE BANKING
How To Open a GTBANK Account
You can open a GTB bank account simply by dialing *737*0# on any network and any phone (Nokia Torchlight, Andriod, or iPhone). Account opening forms are NOT needed for the signup process.
You can use the ten digits account number (NUBAN) assigned to you, likewise your phone number as an account number at GTBank ATMs, point of sale terminals, and internet banking.
Follow the given instructions, then your account number will be automatically generated and sent to you via SMS. You don’t need airtime, data, form, or passport to open an account using this method. Plus, it’s easier to link with your BVN.
How To Reactivate Your GTBank Account
Simply dial *737*11# on the phone number you used to register with Guaranty Trust Bank and enter your Bank verification number (BVN) and your Guaranty Trust Bank Account will be reactivated (You will be charged at least N100 airtime for this process to be completed).
How To Transfer Funds Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can also use the GTB self-service code to transfer up to N1,000,000 daily just by dialing *737*1*Amount*GTBank Account Number# to transfer to a Guaranty Trust Bank Account.
To transfer money to another bank, simply dial *737*2*Amount*Other Banks Account Number#. Using the phone number you registered with Guaranty Trust Bank, then follow the on-screen prompts to enter your pin and confirm the transaction.
GTBank Daily Transfer Limit
If you’re transferring amounts between ₦50 – ₦500,000, you can use the Guaranty Trust Bank’s USSD code (*737#) and PIN/Hardware Token to transfer money to an account. If you’re transferring more than ₦500,001 but less than ₦1,000,000, you will need to use a hardware token.
It is a convenient way and easy way to send/receive money, it takes less than 10 seconds to process, and is available 24/7.
How To Buy Data & Airtime Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can also use the *737# self-service code for Airtime & Data Top-up. Simply dial *737*Airtime Amount# to purchase airtime for yourself
You should dial *737*Airtime Amount*Recipient’s number# to buy airtime for a friend or third party.
You can also use *737*4# to purchase airtime for yourself or a third party with your GTBank Account
NOTE: The phone number under which the purchase is made MUST be registered with GTBank.
- The service is available to Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9Mobile subscribers
- The money spent is deducted directly from your GTBank account
- The daily recharge limit is ₦10,000
How To Check Your GTB Account Balance on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can also check your GTB Account Balance by simply dialing *737*6*1# on your GTB registered phone number and following the on-screen prompts (You will be charged ₦10 for this service). No need to stand in line, fill out the form or go to a bank.
How To Create a Transaction PIN on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You need a GTB Transaction 4-digit PIN to complete every transaction done on your mobile device. Follow these steps in order to create a transaction pin using the GTBank USSD code:
- Simply dial *737*5#
- Input the last 6 digits of your GTBank Debit Card. OR
- Input your Account Number
- Input your Date of Birth
- Input your desired pin to create a GTBank 4-digit Transaction PIN.
How To Apply For a Loan on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can apply for a loan from GTBANK using *737*51*51# with your registered GTB phone number, answer all related questions, and check if you meet their requirements.
How To Create an OTP (One Time Password) on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
Simply dial *737*7# on your GTBANK registered phone number to generate an OTP code and perform a quick transaction. Features and benefits of the GTBank OTP Code:
- To receive a one-time token for transactions on Internet banking, Mobile Banking App, or GTWorld only.
- Can validate transactions of up to ₦500,000
- The validity time limit is 120 seconds
- Requires the 737-created PIN to authenticate the transaction.
How To Create Internet Banking Login Details on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can also use *737*6*5# to Internet Banking Login. Or set up your GTBank Internet Banking Portal for Individuals and or internet banking portal for businesses to set up your Internet Banking Login Details.
You can also download the GTBank mobile app to use for your transactions.
How To Download The GTBANK MOBILE APP [GT WORLD] For ANDROID
Go to the Google play store to download the GTBank mobile app for android phones.
How To Download The GTBANK MOBILE APP [GT WORLD] For IOS
Visit the app store to download the GTBank mobile app for iOS (iPhone and iPad)
How To Pay Bills on Guaranty Trust Bank Mobile
You can pay your bills by dialing:
- Top up your LCC Toll account- *737*50*Amount*108#
- Child’s SKS account- *737*52*AMOUNT*26#
- Swift network subscriptions- *737*50*Subscriptions Amount*4#
- StarTimes Subscription- *737*37*Amount*Decoder Number#
- Electric Bills – Service Disco Codes
- Port Harcourt Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*95#
- Port Harcourt Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*96#
- Eko Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*151#
- Eko Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*152#
- Ibadan Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*137#
- Kano Prepaid – *737*50*Amount*93#
- Kano Postpaid – *737*50*Amount*94#
Guaranty Trust Bank Enquiries Codes
This list of enquiry codes includes all the codes that are available for Guaranty Trust Bank customers:
- Account balances, BVN & Account Number (*737*6*1#)
- Loan balances (*737*6*2#)
- Card status (*737*6*3#)
- Cheque book status (*737*6*4#)
NOTE: The charge is ₦10 per enquiry.
GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTBANK) CUSTOMER CARE NUMBERS, WHATSAPP, AND CONTACT DETAILS
GTB customer care email, Gtbank WhatsApp number, GTB email address for complaint, Gtbank help desk, Gtbank customer care online chat & Gbt customer service number has been provided to help customers contact GTBank through any available means.
GTBANK CUSTOMER CARE NUMBER
+2348029002900, +23414480000, +2348039003900 and 070048266328
GTBANK EMAIL Contact
GTBANK LIVE CHAT
You can chat live with customer care representatives through the LiveChat option on their website.
GTBANK SWIFT CODE
Swift Code – GTBINGLA
Bank Name – Guaranty Trust Bank PLC
Bank Address – 635 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island
City – Lagos
Country – Nigeria
Sort code – 058152052
The website of Guaranty Trust Bank is www.gtbank.com