Heritage Bank Plc is one of the fastest-growing banks in Nigeria. This commercial bank has over 127 branches and 202 automated banking centers with more than 350 ATMs in all states in Nigeria, including the FCT.
In this post, we will be looking into the background and services of Heritage Bank. If you are looking to bank with this financial institution, this post will give you an insight into some of their services. If you are an existing customer, it will keep you abreast of some new products and services offered by the bank.
I will take you through the USSD code, customer care information, mobile/internet banking and other essential details about Heritage Bank.
Before we get started, let’s see how the bank was formed.
Table of Contents
History Of Heritage Bank
Heritage Bank Plc. (HB PLC), usually known as Heritage Bank or just HB as seen on the logo, is a financial services firm based in the United Kingdom. It is a commercial bank that provides retail banking, corporate banking, online/internet banking, investment banking, and asset management services under a national operating license given by the Central Bank of Nigeria, the country’s banking regulator on the 27th day of December 2012.
Societe Generale Bank (Nigeria) was established in the late 1970s by the late Dr Olusola Saraki (SGBN). The Central Bank liquidated SGBN in January 2006 after it failed to fulfil the minimum capital criteria for a National Bank of US$155 million (NGN:25 billion). The shutdown was successfully contested in court by SGBN.
The CBN reissued SGBN’s banking license in December 2012, but this time as a regional bank. Following the acquisition of the banking license, the new owners renamed the bank ‘Heritage Banking Company Limited‘ and banking operations commenced on March 4, 2013.
Heritage Banking Company Ltd completed the requirements of the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to own 100% of Enterprise Bank Ltd in October 2014.
AMCON officially transferred ownership of Enterprise Bank Ltd to Heritage Bank Plc on January 27, 2015.
Heritage Bank purchased a 100% stake in Enterprise Bank Limited, a nationalized financial services provider with more than 160 locations and US$1.6 billion in assets, in October 2014. The transaction cost Heritage US$340 million (NGN:56.1 billion) in cash. Out of 24 Nigerian and international organizations that competed for the acquisition of Enterprise Bank, Heritage Investment Services Limited (HISL), the investment arm of Heritage Banking Company Limited (HBCL), was the winning bidder.
Heritage Bank Board of Directors
- Jani Ibrahim – Acting Chairman.
- Ifie Sekibo – Managing Director/CEO.
- Adewunmi Ogunsanya – Director.
- Ndutimi Alaibe – Director.
- Oluwayemisi Disu – Director.
- Jude Monye – Executive Director.
Heritage Bank Head Office
Heritage bank’s headquarters is located at 292B Ajose Adeogun St, Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Heritage Bank Customer Care
Do you have a complaint or do you want to report an issue to Heritage bank? You can connect with them. They treat all e-mails as a priority and try to provide a response as quickly as possible. You can get in touch with Heritage bank at any of these email addresses:
- For enquiries, send a mail to email@example.com
- For complaints, send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also reach them via their customer care line on:
- +234-1-23 6-9000
Alternatively, you can get in touch with them on social media on:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HeritageBankPlc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/heritagebankplc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/heritagebankplc
A customer care representative will reply to you as soon as soon can be and all your queries and complaints will be solved ASAP.
You should know that no HERITAGE Bank customer care representative will ask for your personal information like ATM PIN, ATM card number, Mobile Banking PIN, CCV Number, or Token or OTP (One Time Password) to complete your request. They have everything they need on their end, you just have to say YES or No to authorize them to do what they have to do.
Heritage Bank USSD Code
The Heritage Bank USSD code is *745#. You can manage your account and make any transaction using any device as the USSD code is developed to work on all mobile phones.
Here’s what *745# will help you do:
- Open a HERITAGE BANK account.
- Reactivate Your HERITAGE Bank Account.
- Transfer Funds.
- Buy Data & Airtime.
- Check Your HERITAGE Bank Account Balance.
- Create an OTP (One Time Password).
- Create a Transaction PIN.
- Create Internet Banking Login Details.
- Pay Bills.
READ MORE: Full List of Nigerian Banks And Their USSD Codes
How To Register For Heritage USSD Service
Here’s what you need to do to enable USSD service on your phone:
- Dial *745*account number*Last6digitsofcard#. To agree to the indemnification clause on your screen, press ‘1’.
- Now choose your card type, enter your card expiration date exactly as it appears on your card, and choose which HB account to use for transactions if you have more than one.
- Then choose your four-digit PIN and double-check your account number and on-boarding information. That is, your account number and PIN.
- When you’re finished, click send.
Unity Bank Swift Code
The Heritage Bank swift code is HBCLNGLAXXX.
Heritage Bank Mobile App
As expected, Heritage Bank has a mobile app for iOS and Android users. You can download the app on Google Play Store or App Store.