Most people find it hard to remember their phone numbers sometimes. This often happens when you recently acquired a SIM, but after some time, you abandoned it for another network.
In Nigeria, one of the leading mobile service providers is Airtel. The company offers various services to its customers, including voice and data services. Customers need to know how to check their Airtel number, share their phone number, or recharge their account balance online.
If you’ve ever been in a situation where you need to share your Airtel number but can’t remember it, this article is the best solution to that problem.
Table of Contents
How To Check Airtel Number Using USSD and SMS(Updated)
Customers can follow a few simple steps to check their Airtel number.
If you’re an Airtel customer and need to know your phone number, there are a few ways to check it. First, dial *121# from your Airtel sim card and get your phone number. You can also call customer care or send a call-me-back message to a friend to get your number.
Here are ways to check your phone number on Airtel.
1. Using USSD
You can use the USSD code to check your phone number on Airtel. This is the easiest and simplest way of checking for your number. All you have to do is dial *121# and click send. Your phone number will appear on your screen.
Here’s how to do it
- Open the dialer app on your phone
- Dial *121#
- Select “3 – Manage my Account.”
- Select “4 – My number.” and click send
- Your phone number will pop up on your screen.
You can dial *121*3*4# and click send if the above process is too long.
2. Using SMS
You can also use SMS to check your phone number on Airtel. However, for this method to work, you just need to send a text message to someone nearby.
Here’s how to use it
- Get the phone number of someone close to you
- Send a random message to the person’s number
- Once the person receives the message, your number will display as the sender on the person’s screen.
- Copy it or ask the person to send it to you.
3. Calling Customer Care
You can also call customer service on 111 and ask for your phone number to be sent to you.
However, this method takes a long time because you must wait for a customer representative to speak before your request can be processed.
4. Beeping a Friend
You can beep someone nearby if you have enough airtime on your phone. This method will provide you with your phone number, which you can copy and save to your phone. You can also call someone far away and ask them to call your number.
5. Using My Airtel App To Check Your Number.
You can also use the My Airtel app to check your phone number. However, this method can only be used for people who have the app installed and are already signed in. if you don’t have an account signed in on my Airtel app, this method will not work for you.
Here’s how to use My Airtel App
- Launch the My Airtel App On your smartphone
- Click on “Manage My Account” on the homepage
- Click “view and add account.”
- The phone number and the registered name will display on the screen.
6. Using Sim Toolkit
This is another method for checking your Airtel phone number. The sim toolkit is installed on all phones, whether Android, iPhone, or button phones.
Here’s how to check phone number using the sim toolkit
- Go to your menu and launch the toolkit app
- Select Airtel
- Click on “my service.”
- Click “my account.”
- Click on “show my number.” However, you might need to scroll a bit to see this option.
- After a while, your number will be displayed on your screen.
How To Hide Phone Number On Airtel
You can use different methods to hide your phone number on Airtel. You can hide it through the phone settings or by dialing #31#phone number and clicking send.
Here’s how to hide your phone number on Airtel using the phone setting
1. Using Phone Settings
All android devices usually have this feature pre-installed. All you have to do is simply follow the steps below.
- Go to the phone settings on the menu or pull down the notification bar to access the settings icon.
- Click on “call settings.”
- After clicking “call settings,” you’ll click “additional settings.”
- Click on “caller ID.”
- Select “hide number” to hide your Airtel number.
However, there are different android devices, so there will be differences in how to hide your number. Phones like Samsung usually have a different way of hiding caller ID.
For Samsung user
- Click on the call icon.
- You’ll see three vertical dots at the top right corner. Click on it.
- After clicking on the three-dot, it will list some options. Click on the “settings” option.
- After clicking on “settings,” click on “supplementary services.”
- At the top of the “supplementary services” option, you’ll see “show your caller ID.”
- Click on “show your caller ID” and choose never.
For iPhone user
- Click on “settings.”
- Scroll down to the “phone” option and click on it.
- After clicking on the “phone” option, scroll down to the “Show My Caller ID.” You can toggle it off.
Please note that this method will hide your number from everyone you call after activating it. If you just want to hide your number from a single person, switching it off is better after calling the person.
2. Using the USSD Method
The USSD method is for those who use the phone settings method. Unlike the other method, this one is straightforward.
All you have to do is put #31# in front of any number you want to hide your number from. To put it in context, dial #31#08090399708 and call. This will automatically hide your phone number from the person you are calling.
Checking your phone number on Airtel is very easy. There are different ways to check for it. First, dial *121*3*4# from your Airtel sim card and get your phone number. You can also call customer care service on 111 and request for your phone number to be sent to you. This method will allow you to have your number, which you can copy and save on your phone.
I hope this article has answered your question about checking your Airtel number. We all added ways how to hide your Airtel phone number from someone.