In Nigeria, one of the leading mobile service providers is MTN. The company offers a variety of services to its customers, including voice and data services. Customers need to know how to check their MTN account balance in case they need to contact a friend or check their airtime balance.
In this article, we’ll be explaining how to check your MTN account balance and relevant questions.
Table of Contents
How To Check MTN Account Balance
Unlike other service providers in Nigeria, you can check your MTN account balance through the USSD code. You can also check your MTN account balance by sending a message to an MTN number. Also, you can check your MTN account balance using their mobile app.
We’ll be explaining a step-by-step method on how to use any of the methods.
1. Checking MTN account Balance through USSD
Checking your MTN account balance through USSD is one of the easiest and most common ways you can use to check your account balance. This method doesn’t require an internet connection. All you need is a network signal.
Here’s how to check MTN account balance with USSD
- Open the dialer app on your phone. If you’re using a button phone, you can ignore this step.
- Dial the USSD *556#
- After dialing, click send. You’ll get a pop-up containing your MTN account balance.
- You’ll also get a text message as well.
2. Checking MTN account balance with Mobile App
People with smartphones and internet connectivity mostly use this method. You must download the app (Andriod or Ios) and sign in with your MTN phone number.
Here’s how to check your MTN account balance with the mobile app
- Go to google play store if you use an android phone or AppStore if you’re using an IOS device. Search for “My MTN NG Mobile App” and download it.
- Install the app on your device and launch it.
- Sign in with your MTN phone number and connect your number to the app.
- After processing your phone number, the app displays your account balance and tariff plan. You can also use the app to check your data balance as well.
This method is the easiest, considering the benefit it has. With the app, you can check your account and data balance, link your NIN, recharge your sim, buy data bundles, and many more.
3. Checking Your MTN Account Balance By Calling Customer Care
This method is unconventional; most people do not even know that it is possible to check your account balance by calling customer care. All you have to do is dial MTN’s customer care number and call. The customer care number is 180.
Here’s how to check your MTN account balance by calling customer care
- Open your dialer app and dial 180 to call MTN customer care.
- Set your preferred language to English or any other language
- Listen to the services they offer and choose “check account balance.”
- They will either send you a message containing your account balance or tell you on the call.
You can also check your account balance through WhatsApp, Facebook, or telegram. You can search for “MTN customer care” on Facebook or telegram. Their number on WhatsApp is +2349066600001.
How To Borrow Data From 9mobile and Requirements
5 Methods on How To Check MTN Data In 2022
How To Stop Auto Renewal On MTN[USSD and App Method]
How To Check MTN Data Balance
There are different ways to check your MTN data balance. You can check with a USSD code, SMS, or by using the My MTN app to check it.
1. Using USSD Code To Check Your Data Balance
This method is the simplest way to check the data balance on MTN. However, this method is not bound to one single USSD code. The USSD code you will use depends on the data bundle you are subscribed to.
For a normal data bundle, you can check with
For Bonus Data
For MTN SME data balance
- *461# and follow the prompt
- Text “DATA BALANCE” to 131
- Text SHARE BALANCE to 131
3. Using SMS To Check Your Data Balance
You can also use SMS to check your MTN data balance. All you have to do is open your messaging app and send “2” to 131. They’ll send a response containing your data balance and when it will expire.
4. Using My MTN App To Check Your Data Balance
You can also use the MTN mobile app to check your data balance. All you have to do is check and download the MTN app on the play store for android or the app store for iOS. Install it and sign in using your MTN phone number.
After signing in, you’ll see your data balance at the top of the screen.
You can check your MTN account balance via USSD or download the MTN mobile app to check your account balance. Even though it is not conventional, you can call customer care to check your account balance.
Also included in this article are different ways how to check your data balance and also how to check your MTN data balance. Following the instructions in this guide, you should be able to check your account balance with ease and also multiple ways of checking your data balance.