This article contains all the details you need to know about Bank Verification Number and how to verify your BVN using your mobile phone on MTN, Airtel, GLO, and 9mobile networks.
The Nigerian Interbank Settlement Method (NIBSS) and the Central Bank of Nigeria introduced the Bank Verification Number (BVN) as a biometric identification system to decrease unlawful financial activities.
Since the Central Bank of Nigeria created a single Biometric Identification System, people have been wondering how to obtain their Bank Verification Numbers. Every bank account in Nigeria now has an eleven-digit unique number.
This code is required by Nigerian banks in order to register new clients in their systems. If you have multiple bank accounts, you don’t need to have many Bank Verification Numbers for each of them. Rather, you can link all your bank accounts to a single BVN.
The Nigerian government is working hard to create additional methods and ways to combat any sort of unlawful activity in the country, and one of the most effective is the introduction of the Bank Verification Number (BVN) and the National Identification Number (NIN).
Without much ado, we will teach you how to check BVN code numbers in this article.
Table of Contents
- How To Check BVN Code Number On My Mobile Phone
- What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A BVN In Nigeria?
- How To Enrol For Your BVN In Nigeria
How To Check BVN Code Number On My Mobile Phone
You may now verify your BVN number code on your mobile phone this simple method. To check your Bank Verification Number (BVN), pick up your mobile phone and dial *565*0#.
You don’t need an internet connection to check your BVN code, and neither do you need a high-end touchscreen smartphone. You can use the abovementioned code to check your BVN code number on any network. If you want to check your Bank Verification Number on your Airtel, 9mobile, 9lo, and MTN line, just call *565*0#.
You can also use the same code to check your BVN code number at any bank in Nigeria. For example:
- Dial *565*0# to check your Diamond Bank BVN code.
- To find out your First Bank BVN code, dial *565*0#.
- To check your FCMB BVN code: Dial *565*0#
- To check your Stanbic IBTC BVN code, dial *565*0#.
- To find out your Eco Bank BVN code, dial *565*0#.
- To check your Union Bank BVN code: Dial *565*0#
- To check your UBA BVN code, dial *565*0#.
- To find out your Zenith Bank BVN code, dial *565*0#.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Wema Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Titan Trust Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Sterling Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Heritage Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Fidelity Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Jaiz Bank BVN code.
- Dial *565*0# to check your Unity Bank BVN code.
- Also, dial *565*0# to check your BVN code for Access Bank, and so on.
It’s worth noting that confirming your BVN is not just the identical method for all lines, but also for all banks. As a GTB or UBA customer, you use the same code to check your BVN because everyone is given a single BVN that is used by all banks. This implies that even if you have accounts with all of Nigeria’s banks, you’ll only have one BVN to link them all together.
How To Check My BVN On The Internet
You can also use internet banking to check your BVN code number. Simply log onto your Internet banking app to find out your BVN number and the code will be visible on your home page.
How Much Will It Cost To Check My BVN?
Checking your (BVN) Bank verification Number with your mobile number is not free. Luckily for you, the good news is that it is not expensive at all.
A fee of ₦10 will be deducted from your airtime balance after dialling the BVN Code.
What Is The Length Of The BVN Code?
How many digits are there in a BVN, you might wonder? The questions are all the same, and the answers are all the same. The BVN code is an 11-digit number that serves as your universal identification number in all Nigerian banks.
It’s just as crucial as having a phone number when it comes to filling out NIMC forms and other necessary forms both inside and outside the country.
What Are The Requirements For Obtaining A BVN In Nigeria?
In order to obtain a BVN number in Nigeria, you must first meet the following requirements:
• The BVN Enrolment Form, which can be obtained from any commercial bank in Nigeria.
• One recent passport photograph.
• Enrolment fee.
• A valid ID: Nigerian International Passport, Nigerian National ID card, or Nigerian Driver’s License.
How To Enrol For Your BVN In Nigeria
The following is a step-by-step process to get your Bank Verification Number in Nigeria. To get a BVN, follow the instructions below:
- Go to any of your bank’s locations.
- Fill out the BVN Enrolment form and submit it.
- Make oneself available for data collection (such as fingerprint, facial Image, etc.)
- You will receive an acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID.
- The system confirms your application within 24 hours, generates your BVN, and sends you an SMS with pickup instructions.
Why Do You Need A Bank Verification Number?
The underlying reason for the requirement of a BVN is to secure private and personal information or transactions in the banking industry.
It serves as a means of identification and protects your account from unwanted access, as well as addresses the issue of identity theft.
Benefits and Advantages Of Having a Bank Verification Number
• Account protection from illegal access.
• All Nigerian banks accept simple and appropriate identification.
• Significantly reduces the chances of identity theft and fraud.
• A distinct identification that is recognized by all banks.
• Effortless credit and banking operations
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) can be acquired by anyone who operates a bank account in Nigeria. If you don’t have a BVN, do well to register.