If you’re a Glo customer looking to upgrade your SIM card to 4G, this blog post is for you.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to upgrade your SIM card and enjoy the benefits of 4G service. We’ll also touch on some of the benefits of the 4G service and why it’s worth upgrading. So if you’re ready to get started, let’s jump in.
Table of Contents
- How To Upgrade My Glo Sim To 4G
- How To Check If Your Phone Is 4G LTE Compatible
- What Are The Benefits Of Upgrading Your Glo Sim Card To 4G LTE
- 1. Enjoy Clearer And Faster Voice Calls
- 2. Listen To Music Effortlessly
- 3. Uninterrupted Streaming
- 4. Free Data
- 5. High-Speed Browsing
- List of 4G Data Plans For Glo and USSD
- How To Manually Set Up Glo 4g LTE
How To Upgrade My Glo Sim To 4G
To upgrade your 3G Glo sim card to 4G, you’d have to visit Gloworld, Glozone, or Sim swap outlet center with your National identity card. However, you need to check if your sim card supports the 4G network by sending 4G to 400 via Text message.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial on upgrading your Glo sim card
- Firstly, check if your sim card is compatible with the 4G network by sending 4G to 400 via text message. You’ll then receive an instant confirmation of whether it’s compatible. If it’s compatible, you can proceed to the next step, if it’s not, consider getting a new sim card.
- Before upgrading your sim card to 4G, back up your contact. You either back it up using the Glo backup service. However, you can also backup with your Gmail, and it’s completely free and fast.
- Visit any Gloworld, Glozone, or sim swap outlet with your National Identity Card.
- Request for Sim upgrade to 4G
- You’ll be given a form to fill in your details. Fill in your details correctly.
- Submit your 3G Glo sim card
- After a while, you’ll be given a new Glo 4G sim card. All you have to do is insert it inside your phone and enjoy 4G seamless benefits.
However, please note that there are certain benefits Glo will give you just by upgrading your sim card from 3G to 4G. Here are the benefits you’ll enjoy.
- You will get a one-time data benefit of 10Gb once you purchase ₦500 and above data plan after upgrading your sim card from 3G to 4G.
- You’ll also get a 25% extra data bonus on subsequent data purchases between ₦500 and ₦5000.
- The 25% extra data bonus is available 6 months after upgrading your sim card from 3G to 4G.
How To Check If Your Phone Is 4G LTE Compatible
Checking if your phone is 4G compatible should be the first step before attempting to upgrade your sim card from 3G to 4G. If your phone is incompatible, all the benefits you’ll get from upgrading will be wasted. And eventually, it’ll be a waste of time and money.
Here’s how to check if your phone is 4G compatible
- Go to the “settings” on your phone’s menu or just pull down the notification bar and click o the settings icon.
- Click on “connections.”
- After clicking on “connections,” click on “Mobile networks.
- After clicking on “mobile network,” you’ll see a network mode option for either sim; click on it.
- If the phone is 4G compatible, it will have “LTE” as an option, but if it’s not, it will only have 3G.
You can also check if it’s compatible with 4G on google. All you have to do is type the name of the phone on Google, and it will list the phone’s specifications.
What Are The Benefits Of Upgrading Your Glo Sim Card To 4G LTE
There are many benefits to using a 4G sim in Nigeria. Aside from the fast and non-lagging internet connectivity, you also get loads of free data.
Here are some of the benefits of using Glo 4G
1. Enjoy Clearer And Faster Voice Calls
If you use your data to call people on Whatsapp, a Glo 4G will increase how clear your calls will be.
2. Listen To Music Effortlessly
If you like streaming music on platforms like Spotify, apple music, or boom play, using a Glo 4G sim will make listening to music fun and interesting.
3. Uninterrupted Streaming
If you love streaming movies on YouTube or Netflix, you’ll be aware that 3G does not provide continuous streaming. There are many delays and buffers when using 3G to stream online. However, with a 4G LTE network, you may watch on any platform you choose without interruption.
4. Free Data
People who use the Glo 4G sim get free data. For example, when you switch from 3G to 4G, Glo gives you free data.
5. High-Speed Browsing
With a Glo 4G LTE sim, you can browse faster. This makes uploading, streaming, and even talking quicker and more pleasurable. With a Glo 4G sim, you may browse at speeds of up to 100 megabytes per second.
List of 4G Data Plans For Glo and USSD
Glo has one of Nigeria’s best and cheap data bundles. However, not all of them work for Glo 4G service.
Here are data plans that work for 4G and their activation codes
|Data plan||Amount||Activation code||Validity|
How To Manually Set Up Glo 4g LTE
Suppose your Glo 4G sim is not working after you’ve confirmed that your phone is compatible and you have a data bundle on your sim. Then it’s probably the connectivity settings.
However, do not panic there’s a way to amend the connectivity settings manually. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to your phone setting and click on it
- Click on connections
- Click on “mobile network.”
- After clicking on “mobile network,”. You’ll see “Access Point Names” click on it.
- After opening it, you’ll an option to add a new access point name (APN). Click on it and insert the following settings into it.
Access point names (APN): Gloflat
Username: Leave Blank
Password: Leave Blank
Upgrading your sim from 3G to 4G is available to Glo Customers. If you are a Glo customer, follow the steps above to learn how to upgrade your Glo sim 3G to a 4G network in Nigeria.
Once you receive the new sim card, there are three things you need to do. First, insert the sim card into your device (make sure it’s the right way round) and power on your device.
Second, connect your device to a data-enabled Wi-Fi network or activate a mobile data subscription with your primary carrier. And that’s how you upgrade your Glo sim card from 3G to 4G network in Nigeria. Follow these simple steps, and your old 3G sim will change to 4G.