Are you sitting for JAMB exams this year? If you are, I’m going to show you how to register for JAMB easily. If you are sitting for JAMB this year, I’d advise you to read this JAMB registration guide carefully so you don’t miss a beat.
This year the JAMB administration board added a few touches to the JAMB 2020/2021 registration process to avoid errors and other gross misconduct by students and officials at JAMB registration centers nationwide.
Although JAMB registrations have not started yet, Jamb registration will start on the 13th of January – 17th February 2020. You should proceed to register early, so you get a center close to you and your Biometrics used in Jamb registration is confirmed.
Jamb CBT examination for 2020/2021 has already been set for all registered students to take on the 14th March – the 4th of April, 2020. While the JAMB mock examination will hold on the 18th of February 2020.
How Do I Register For JAMB?
If you want to register for JAMB this year, you’ll need;
- A Valid Email address.
- A Jamb Profile.
- NIN FOR JAMB.
- E-Pin Registration.
If you don’t know how to get them, I’ll teach you here.
Email is an acronym for electronic mails. You need an Email address to receive messages over the internet. If you want to open an email, I’d recommend Google’s Gmail. This is one of the best Email providers in the world and it is completely free and easy to set up.
If you already have an Email address, there’s no need for you to sign up again. You can use that to register for your JAMB Exams. If you don’t have, Just search “Gmail” on Google, then hit sign up.
Fill in the form add your phone number and verify your Email with the code sent to the phone number you used to register. Once that is done, you’ll need to get your NIN for registration.
In 2016, JAMB introduced the use of JAMB profiles for Jamb registration. This Year, They made the use of NIN compulsory for JAmb registration.
You must have a National Identification Number (NIN) document to be able to register Jamb 2020. In short, you need NIN FOR JAMB 2020.
What Is NIN?
NIN is a series of 11 unique numbers issued to Nigerians as a means of identity. In summary, NIN is your temporary ID card. The best thing about NIN is that it doesn’t have any age barrier. as long as you are a Nigerian you are qualified to register for NIN.
If you want a NIN document, just go to any accredited center close to you with a means of identification like you Birth certificate, WAEC result, Testimonia… Once you get there the NIN officer will capture your biometrics and collect the needed data will also be captured.
You NIN will be ready on/before 14days where you will proceed to collect it. NIN registration is also free but you will need to pay ₦300 if you want your NIN to be laminated.
A JAMB Profile:
This is one of the most important steps for your Jamb 2020/2021 registration. If you already have a JAMB profile there’s no need for you to create another one.
you’ll need to create a JAMB profile for you want to register for JAMB this year. A JAmB profile is needed to access a Jamb 2020 Registration Form.
Your Jamb profile is not just needed for JAMB registration. You need a Jamb profile to check your JAMB result, check JAMB Admission status, print JAMB Admission letter, use JAMB CAPS and correct your JAMB registration data.
If you don’t have a Jamb profile, I’ll teach you how to create one. A Jamb profile is very easy to set up. You just need a mobile phone and your phone number. You can use your parent’s phone if you don’t have one.
How Can I Create A JAMB Profile?
You want to create a JAMB profile, you’ll need to send your full name (Surname and ﬁrst name are mandatory) to 55019 by SMS. In the message body, enter your full name and in the recipient enter 55019.
i.e Adamu Chika Tolu to 55019. Then your JAMB profile code will be sent to that phone number. This code consists of 10 unique characters you’ll need to finish your registration. Make sure you write it down and keep it safe.
What If I Lost My Profile Code?
If you lost your profile code or made a mistake when you were typing your name, you can still retrieve your profile code or correct your mistake.
If you lost your Jamb profile code, you can easily regain a lost Jamb Proﬁle Code. you just have to send “RESEND” to 55019 using the same mobile number you used in registration.
To correct a mistake in Jamb profile registration, you simply have to send an SMS message to 55019 containing your correct name using the same mobile number you used in registration.
If you lost your JAMB profile password, you can recollect your profile password by sending “Password” and your Jamb registered email address to 55019 using the same phone number you used to register your JAMB profile. A new password will be sent to that phone number.
JAMB 2020 E-Pin Registration:
You’ve completed the hard part for JAMB 2020 registration. You now have a valid email address, NIN documentation, and a Jamb profile. Now you need the Jamb E-Pin. Jamb E-Registration Pin can be gotten in many ways.
You can Buy You JAMB EPin from the Jamb portal, any JAMB Accredited Banks in Nigeria, or the Nigeria Post Office (NIPOST), from an Automated Teller Machine (ATM), and even with your phone.
You should know that the nationwide price for JAMB E-pin is ₦3,500 [Three Thousand Five Hundred Naira Only] and ₦500 for the recommended literature. Make sure that you collect a printout or receipt as proof of payment for reference and security reasons.
However, I recommend going through any of the procedures below.
HOW TO BUY JAMB E-PIN FROM BANKS & MICROFINANCE BANKS:
If you want to pay for your JAMB E-Pin with bank deposit, you just have to walk into any jamb accredited bank that is licensed to sell jamb e-pins and get yours using this procedure:
- Go to ACCESS BANK, ECOBANK, FIRST BANK, FCMB, FIDELITY BANK, SKYE BANK, STERLING BANK, UNION BANK, UNITY BANK, and ZENITH BANK to buy your JAMB E-Pin. JAMB E-Pins are not sold in UBA BANK and GT Bank.
If you want to buy JAMB E-Pin for a Micro-Finance Bank, Go to FUD Micro-Finance Bank(Dutse) or Regent Micro-Finance Bank(Abuja) to buy one.
- Present your name and profile code.
- Pay with Cash or Card.
- Your E-Pin will be sent to your phone number.
HOW TO BUY JAMB E-PIN ON JAMB PORTAL:
You can also purchase your JAMb E-Pin directly from your JAmb profile. Using this method you can pay online or in a bank if you want.
- Log in to your Jamb profile
- Click on Purchase of 2020 Application Document
- Enter your Profile Code.
- Select the payment method. you can choose to pay with InterSwitch or Remita if you want to pay online.
Once your payment has been confirmed, Your JAMb E-PIN will immediately be sent to your bank account.
HOW TO BUY JAMB E-PIN USING USSD CODE (NIBSS/ERCAS):
You can also pay for your JAMB E-pin using your mobile phone. As long as the number you are using is registered with a Nigerian bank and you have N3,500 on that account. This process will work on all mobile phones, Nokia torchlight or iPhone.
- Simply dial *565*6*55019# on your mobile phone
- Enter Proﬁle Code in the form provided
- Select your bank and enter your bank details
HOW TO BUY JAMB E-PIN FROM POS & MOBILE MONEY OUTLETS:
You can also pay for your JAmb Epin with your POS at any JAMB CBT Centres or any POS center in Nigeria. You can purchase your JAMB Epin with POS using this easy procedure.
- Visit POS or MOBILE MONEY [Paga, PocketMoni, TEASYPay, and Readycash] or POS [Citi-Serve].
- Click Payment and then select JAMB
- Enter your Proﬁle Code and pay
- your Jamb E-PIN will be delivered straight to your phone number.
HOW TO BUY FOR JAMB E-PIN USING ATM:
You can `purchase your JAMb E-PIN after paying the recommended fees. You can pay this money using an ATM and the payment will be directed to JAMb servers before your JAMb E-Pin can be directed to you.
- Go to any ATM outlets listed on InterSwitch Channel.
- Enter your card and your secret pin code.
- Select Bill Payment and then click on “JAMB”
- Enter Proﬁle Code and click pay.
The money will be deducted from your bank account and your Jamb E-PIN will be delivered straight to your phone number.
JAMB REGISTRATION FOR FOREIGN CANDIDATES
Foreign candidates can also register for JAMB and partake in this year’s JAMB examination. The JAMB registration fee for foreign candidates is $20 or it’s equivalent to the candidate’s residing country.
Candidates from the foreign countries should complete and submit their Application on JAMB official website. You can also purchase your JAMB E-Pin from Nigerian Embassies in London, Abidjan, Accra, Buea, Cotonou, Jeddah, Johannesburg and Addis Ababa.
JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:
Once you are done with creating a JAMB profile, Jamb E-pin payment and other follow up procedures, you can proceed to your nearest JAMB CBT registration center to complete your 2020 JAMB registration.
You should present your JAMB E-PIN to the officer at the JAMB accredited CBT Centre to complete your JAMB registration. Once your name and E-pin have been typed on their system all your details show up on their screen.
All the requirements for admission to get a University First Degree, National Diploma (ND), National Innovation Diploma (NID) and Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programs in Universities.
Other degree-awarding Institutions, Universities, monotechnics, polytechnics, colleges of education & innovation, enterprise institutes are also listed in the JAMB e-Brochure.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 5 credits in GCE or WASSCE with not more than two sittings.
- Provide accurate Biodata for your Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, State of Origin… make sure that they are all spelled properly.
- Choose your preferred institutions and programs/disciplines from the ones listed on their website.
- Direct Entry candidates are required to provide their JAMB registration number which they used in gaining admission to their NCE or Diploma program.
- You must register your profile via text message before you buy your e-pin.
- Your registration fee cannot be refunded for any reason.
- You are not allowed to pay more than ₦700 at any CBT center as a service charge if otherwise, you can forward your report.
- All the CBT centers have been informed to choose any of the commercial or microfinance banks as a means of payment.
JAMB 2020 REGISTRATION TIPS
- Be careful when you are registering for JAMB, make sure you ensure that all your documents, ATM card, money, password, registration number, E-pin, and E-mail information are secure. If they are stolen, It can be used for identity theft.
- UTME charge ₦4,000 only for 2020 Jamb registration. ₦3,500 for the e-pin, ₦500 for the recommended literature. Any person that charges you higher than that is a fraudster and would be arrested if caught.
- All purchased E-Pin are attached to the candidate’s JAMB profile. E-pins cannot be sold or transferred.
- After registration, a compact disc that contains the JAMB syllabus, e-Brochure, and other important study items will be given to you.
- if you have any questions, complain or problems in registration or you need support, you can get if solved by a Jamb officer for free by visiting support.jamb.gov.ng on your browser.
- Once you visit this website and provide your JAMB registered email address they will automatically fix your issue from their end
- During registration, make sure that you fill in the correct details. A lot of university aspirants have lost their admission because of “small mistakes” make sure you cross-check and make sure your names, institutions, spellings, subject combination, and SSCE results are accurate before you proceed.
- You should read and digest the online registration procedure and instruction before you commence it.
- Provide accurate SSCE results with grades and dates, if you’re not awaiting your results.
- Upload relevant certiﬁcates, if not awaiting result
- O’ Level & A’Level grades are to be provided by candidates. Make sure that you upload your result as soon as you get it. Your admission may not be processed if you do not upload your result.
- Provide your JAMB registration number if you are for Direct Entry.
- Provide UTME subjects and examination centre/town for Mock examination (optional) or UTME (actual examination).
- The officer will take your picture and upload it. Scanning of passport photographs is not allowed.
- Also make sure that your Biometric is captured, all ten ﬁngers.
- Confirm the data that have been taken before it will be submitted. Make sure you check for spellings and typos.
- Print your JAMB Registration Slip and keep it safe. You’ll need it to take your UTME exams.
- Multiple registrations are not allowed. If you try it, you will be disqualified once identified.
- Your photograph will be captured in the CBT Center. A scanned passport cannot be used for JAMB registration.
- The required literature for JAMB 2020 is Bolaji Abdullahi’s ” Sweet Sixteen” for UTME candidates and “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by H. Mohammed by Direct Entries.
- All the requirements for admission into the First Degree, National Diploma (ND), Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE), and Innovation Diploma (NID) programs in Universities, Monotechnics, Polytechnics, Colleges of Education, Innovation, Enterprise Institutes, and other Degree-Awarding Institutions are listed in the JAMB Brochure that will be issued to you after registration.
- Collect your e-slip/JAmb registration printout after you have completed your registration as evidence of successful registration. You will also be given reading text/literature and brochure CD.
- All registration is done online. There will be no ofﬂine registration. All CBT centers should have an internet connection for real-time online registration.
- You should not register at any cafe, school or business center other than a JAMb accredited CBT center or JAMB State-Ofﬁces. Any registration outside approved centers will be declared invalid.
- The JAMB mock exam is optional. The JAMB Mock exams are also written in JAMB accredited CBT centers to prepare you for the main examination. This is like a practice test for the real deal.
IS JAMB HARD?
This is a very funny question. No, JAMB is not hard. Millions of Nigerians ace their JAMB examinations annually and are given admission into the university of their choice. Practise they say make perfect.
If you prepare early enough by reading, studying the past questions and taking JAMB CBT PRACTISE TEST on your phone, computer or at a cyber cafe, you will be ready to destroy JAMB. If you ace your exams, you will even be awarded a scholarship.
HOW TO PASS JAMB?
There is no foolproof method that allows you to pass your UTME examinations by just waving your hands in the air. But there are procedures you can use to make sure that your JAMB exams and admission go smoothly. You can read my JAMB success guide here.
HOW MUCH IS JAMB REGISTRATION FORM?
The price of the JAMB registration form has always been depreciating. It uses to be N12,000, then 7,000, then 5,000. This year you will spend less than N5,000 to register for the 2020/2021 JAMB CBT examination.
- JAMB E-Pin – ₦3,500
- JAMB Literature [“Sweet Sixteen” by Bolaji Abdullahi or “The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A. H. Mohammed for DE Candidates] – ₦500
- CBT Registration Services Charge – ₦700
- Transport & Misselenious – ₦1,000 [If necessary]
WHAT DO I DO AFTER JAMB?
When I wrote my first JAMB Exam in 2016, I scored 253. I sat at home waiting for admission to come but missed it because I did not BUY POST-UTME FORM. After your JAMB exam, you need to prepare for your POST-UTME examination.
Go to your university website to get all the required information on POST-UTME and cut-off marks. once your school releases its POST-UTME Registration Form, buy yours and prepare. write your exam, with God on your side you’ll pass in flying colors and be given an admission