Are you searching for the right information on KLM flight booking? Look no more as here is all you need to know about KLM bookings in Nigeria.
As we all know that flight booking is now smooth and effortless. You can book for flights anywhere and anytime in as much as you have the money.
Innovations that hit the aviation industry landed in the hands of airlines like KLM, as a result of this, KLM flight booking is as simple as ABC. If you can pay adequate attention to every detail in this post, you will understand correctly. So, read on.
Table of Contents
About KLM Airline in Nigeria
KLM airline is the oldest airlines in the universe which has retained its original name and is still in business today. The 100-year-old airline also known as the KLM Royal Dutch Airlines is the official flag carrier airline of the Netherlands.
The airline is a member of the Air France- KLM group and also a member of the Skyteam airline alliance. KLM Airlines has its hub in the Netherlands with its headquarters located at Amstelveen, Netherlands.
KLM airlines started operations in the year 1919 but were soon forced to stop operations due to the emergence of the Second World War between the years 1935 to 1945.
The airline, however, resumed domestic passenger flight shortly after the war in 1945. In the year 1991 KLM became the pioneer of the frequent flyer program called the ‘Flying Dutchman’ in Europe.
In the year 2003, KLM Airways engaged in a partial merger with Air France allowing both airlines to become subsidiaries of a holding company called Air France-KLM.
This partial merger allows both airlines to retain their brands. Now they both have hubs at Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
The full meaning of the KLM Airlines is Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. The airline is easily one of the largest in the globe having several subsidiaries around the world.
Part of which are KLM Cityhopper, Transavia (a low-cost airline), Martinair (a cargo airline), KLM Asia, Transavia France and a 27% stake in Kenya Airways. The airline provides both passenger and cargo services to over 140 destinations all over the world.
KLM Airlines Fleet
KLM airlines boast of a formidable fleet with over 117 aircrafts part of which are:
- Airbus: A330-300, A330-300.
- Boeing: 737-700, 737-800, 737-900, 747-400, 777-300ER, 777-200ER, 787-9.
- Other: EMBRAER 190, Fokker 70, EMBRAER 175.
KLM Flight Booking
KLM Airlines provides both online and offline flight booking. The online booking procedure is straightforward and time-saving. Below are the key steps to be taken when booking online:
- Get an internet-connected device
- Visit the official website of KLM Airline.
- On getting to the home page, select you preferred fly type (One way/Round trip/Multiple destinations)
- The next step is to fill in your city of departure and arrival and your travel date
- Select the number of passengers you wish to book for and then click search
- Fill in the details of each of the passengers you have booked
- Pick the flight you desire and the fare type (First class/ Business class or coach)
- Select the seat number you want
- Also, prepare for extra baggage at a discount then proceed to payment
- Enter your personal and payment information
- After booking your tickets, your receipt and ticket confirmation will get to you through your mail.
Booking KLM Flights at their Offices or through Agents
Apart from doing everything online, you can also make your flight bookings offline. This is possible by visiting KLM offices or through a travel agent.
Making flight bookings through a travel agent is a lot easier and time-saving. Below are the steps to be taken when booking through a travel agent.
- Search for a reputable travel agent
- Meet them in-person or over the phone. (It is safer to meet them in person for reassurances)
- Supply the travel agent with your personal and payment information
- Let the agent know about your travel preferences or special needs.
- The travel agent will book your ticket after considering your needs and several options available
- Get your receipt and confirmation from the travel agent.
KLM Baggage Allowance
Baggage allowance on the KLM flights depends on the destination and the cabin class. The airline has a general baggage rule which allows economy class travelers to take one checked-in baggage whose weight must not exceed 23kg.
The business class passengers can bring two checked-in bags each not exceeding 32kg and dimensions not more than 158cm (L + W + H).
The airline allows hand baggage not exceeding 12kg for economy class passengers and two pieces of hand baggage not exceeding 18kg in weight for the business class passengers.
For both the business and economy classes, the hand baggage must not exceed the dimensions 55cm x 25cm x 35cm. Passengers are allowed an additional accessory onboard not exceeding the dimension 40cm x 30cm x 15cm.
KLM Flight Booking Online Check-In Process
After making your flight bookings, flight check-in is usually the next step to be taken by a traveler. The airline’s primary check-in function is to accept luggage which will go in the aircraft’s cargo hold and also issue boarding passes.
Flight check-in has been made easier with the online check-in system on the website of the airline. Passengers can check-in from 30mins to 1 hour before the flight departure time.
Steps to take for the online check-in is coming below:
- Login to your travellers’ portal on the website and input your ticket number or booking code as well as the flight number. You can as well log in with your email and password
- Enter or confirm your information
- Print out your boarding pass.
- Drop off the check-in baggage at the airport.
KLM Cabin Classes
KLM airline initially has just two flight classes, the economy class, and the business class. However, the airline decided to add a new flight class called the world business class to create a comfortable in-flight experience for the passengers further.
- Economy Class: this is the cheapest flight class. The class provides passengers with a reasonable level of comfort. The passengers enjoy a pillow, blanket, as well as a copy of the Holland Herald. They also get access to the onboard entertainment system. This class also fortified with ergonomic seat design and free meals for passengers during flights.
- Business Class: passengers in this class enjoy better services than the economy class passengers. The passengers enjoy extra baggage allowance, in-seat power supply, and additional legroom, fully flexible tickets and seat space on board with the middle seats all vacant.
- New World Business Class: the new class offers some unique services to passengers such as larger seats with increased incline, in-seat power, personal entertainment system with 17inch screen. They get free meals, beverages as well as a copy of the Holland Herald.
Flying the first airline in the world will be a great privilege if you experience it. Apart from being the first, KLM prioritize customers’ comfort as well as satisfaction.
So, if you want to fly with an airline with class, excellent service, customers’ safety, and topnotch services, KLM is the one to consider.
Why are you still waiting? Visit their website to get more information about their services and also to book a flight. I hope you find this post useful. Feel free to share with friends. Thanks for reading.