Do you have an interest in working for NAFDAC? If yes, we have prepared a guide to help you with information about the NAFDAC Recruitment. This article was made to show you how to register and fill the NAFDAC Recruitment application form.
Annually, NAFDAC reshuffles its staff and recruits new works into full-time service. Currently, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control exercise is on course and we will provide you with essential information to get the job.
Interested applicants are encouraged to read this article to know the steps to apply successfully to the NAFDAC job recruitment.
Before working in this government organization, it is important for you to know certain things before applying. For instance, most people are disqualified from gaining employment to work with NAFDAC because they do not know the full meaning of the abbreviation ‘NAFDAC’. Permit us to give you a little information about NAFDAC.
Table of Contents
What is NAFDAC and What Do They Do?
NAFDAC means the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control. It is an agency which is responsible for controlling and regulating the importation, exportation, production, advertisement, movement, and circulation of drugs, chemicals, cosmetics, food, and packaged water in Nigeria.
It was established by the Decree 15 of 1993 by the military regime of General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida as amended by the Decree 19 of 1999 and is currently, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) Act Cap N1 Laws of Nigeria, 2004.
The agency is headed by a chairman who presides over a governing council which is appointed by the President of the Federation on the recommendation of the Minister of Health. Other council members of NAFDAC are as follows;
- The permanent secretary of the Nigerian Ministry of Health.
- The Director-General (DG) of NAFDAC.
- Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON).
- National Institute for Pharmaceutical Research and Development (NIPRD).
- The Chairman of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- The Chairman of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
- One representative from the Pharmaceutical Group and another representative from the Food and Beverages Group of the Manufacturers’ Association of Nigeria.
- 3 people from the general public will be represented in this council.
Administrative Units in NAFDAC
First is the Legal unit. This unit is charged with the responsibility of giving legal advice on laws arising from the employer-employee relationship. Also, this unit is the custodian of all legal documents and agreements of this agency.
The Public Relations Unit is chaired by the office of the Director-General. The major function of this unit is to create awareness, educate, enlighten, sensitize and inform the public on the activities and roles of the agency.
The Internal Audit Unit examines and scrutinizes the accounting and finances of the agency. They carry out special investigations into the financial books of the agency.
If you have what it takes to work at NAFDAC, then continue reading this article to find out the requirements, application portal, and how to apply.
Requirements for NAFDAC Recruitment
The following are the requirements to gain employment in NAFDAC. These requirements make you eligible for the recruitment exercise.
1. Candidates and job applicants must not be more than 35 years old.
2. Candidates must be in possession of B.Sc, HND, OND, NCE in any discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
3. National Diploma (ND) is also accepted but it must be acquired from a recognized institution.
4. Candidates must have obtained WAEC or NECO at one sitting or 5 subjects obtained at two sittings which must include the English Language.
5. Candidates are also required to have the National Council of Education *NCE) certificate from a recognized educational institution. Alternatively, they must have the General Certificate of Education (GCE) at one sitting or 3 subjects obtained at 2 sittings.
6. Interested candidates are to visit the NAFDAC recruitment portal to apply.
7. Candidates must scan their credentials, certificates and CVs and upload it to the NAFDAC website.
8. Applicants will be prompted to take an online examination/test.
9. Applicants must be willing to work with or without pressure and push themselves beyond their comfort zones.
10. Applicants must be skillful and must be put in the right attitude to work.
11. Applicants must be citizens of the federal republic of Nigerian; you must be a Nigerian by birth or naturalization.
12. Applicants must hold or possess a valid means of identification such as an international passport, driver’s license, national ID card, voter’s card.
How To Apply For NAFDAC Recruitment
Application and recruitment exercises for NAFDAC are done on the recruitment portal which is at www.nafdac.gov.ng website.
At this point of writing, the NAFDAC recruitment exercise has not started and the date for the commencement of the exercise has not been revealed. Therefore, the recruitment form is not available, however, you can bookmark this page and check frequently because we will keep you updated when the application form is out.
What You Should Know About NAFDAC Recruitment Form
There are lots of factors to be considered when you are applying for NAFDAC recruitment. First of all, do not pay anyone to apply on your behalf. We have heard a lot of fraud cases, it is advised that you do fill the recruitment form yourself or better still, do it in a cyber cafe.
NAFDAC will not demand any money from you to apply for their recruitment exercise. For this reason, we advise people to never apply by proxy or pay someone to do it on their behalf.
Also, when filling the NAFDAC recruitment form, ensure that you do not submit the form twice. Your application will not be accepted if you submit it more than once. Submitting your application form twice may reduce your chances of securing the job.
This is all we can provide about the NAFDAC Recruitment 2020. Soon, the application portal will be open for candidates to submit their applications. If you meet the requirements and you are interested in the job, we advise applying once the recruitment exercise begins.
Feel free to drop a comment and we’ll keep you updated when the form is out. You can also check our website to find out other available recruitments to apply.