Nigeria Immigration recruitment is one of the few jobs Nigerians struggle to apply for and get. The service is a government parastatal that is in charge of travelling in and out of the country.
Nigeria Immigration Service(NIS) is a baby of the Nigerian Police Force. It was extracted from the force in 1958 and was put in charge of the enforcement of Nigeria immigration policy.
People retire off the service yearly so there is always a need for replacement. Therefore, the service provides a good number of Nigerians with employment, thereby making it one of the most sought after in the country.
Most Nigerians seem to run after federal government job more than other jobs in the country. So anytime recruitment is going on, be it Civil defence, immigration, custom service or other federal government jobs, it is always a hustle.
If you have made up your mind on seeking a job in the Nigeria immigration, then you need to have adequate information about it. This post aims to give you the necessary details on Nigeria Immigration recruitment for 2023.
Table of Contents
Nigeria Immigration Recruitment 2023
When applying for any federal government job, there are always guidelines to follow and Nigerian Immigration recruitment is not an exemption. The first thing to look into here is guidelines for application.
- Applicants must be a Nigerian by birth
- There is a need for qualifications and Certificates of applicants.
- Applicants must have a clean record and never convicted for any criminal offence.
- You must be between 18-30 years
- The applicant must be medically fit and possess a certificate from a government hospital to back it up.
- The person must be debt free
- For males, the height must not be less than 1.65m and 1.60m for females.
- The chest measurement for men must not be lower than 0.87m.
- Other skills like communication, computer and speaking other languages helps.
However pregnant women, people with disabilities and the following deformity are exempted from applying.
- Speech Impediment
- Bent knees
- Bow Leg
- knocked Knee
- Flat Toes
- Limb Legs
- Any deformity in the hand and arm
- Hunch Back
- Persons with any amputated part
- People with any eye defect
- Gross teeth malformation
- Anybody with any medical challenge.
Immigration Salary Schedule
The lowest paid officer in the service is the passport officer who earns #30,000 monthly while the highest paid get up to#3million.
How to Apply for the 2023 Recruitment
The following are the application process for recruitment in 2023
- Firstly, you should visit the commission website
- Read through the guidelines again
- Click on Apply here under the position you fit in.
- Then, register with an active email
- Verify the mail by clicking on the link sent to your mailbox.
- After verification, login to your profile and complete the necessary registration.
Note that registration online is free. However, there are some forms that are to be filled offline and submitted on screening day.
Available Positions in Nigeria Immigration Service
Although there is no official date for the recruitment yet and no deadline is set but you need to know about the available positions in the service. They include:
- Supritendent Cadre: for this position, applicants must have a first degree from any recognized institution in Nigeria, possess NYSC discharge letter and must not be less than 18years as well as more than 30years.
- Inspectorate Cadre: here, the applicant for the post of inspector must have at least a Higher National Diploma(HND) from a recognized institution, NYSC discharge letter and must be within the age 18-30years. However, for the assistant inspector, he or she should have at least an OND/NCE from a recognized institution and the age range is 18-26years.
- Assistant Cadre: for this post, the applicant must have at least four credits including Maths & English in SSCE, GCE/O’Level or NECO in not more than two sittings. However, the age range is 18-25years.
The recruitment for Nigeria Immigration for 2023 is yet to begin, the guidelines, process and other information is to keep you prepared ahead of time. You should remember that registration is absolutely free.
Any site requesting money for recruitment or application now is fake, so you need to be careful as possible. In as much as you want the job, you need to be cautious. You can visit this website for more information.