Providus Bank is one of the newly established commercial banks in Nigeria. With their head office situated in Lagos, the commercial heartbeat of Nigeria, it will be interesting to know more about this financial institution.
In this post, you’ll discover all you need to know about Providus Bank and other details such as the bank branches, USSD codes, mobile & internet banking details, and customer care contact information that will be communicated to you. But first, let’s see how it all started.
Table of Contents
- History Of Providus Bank
- How To Open An Account With Providus Bank
History Of Providus Bank
Providus bank is a commercial bank that provides services to individuals and businesses. It is a privately owned company founded on the 15th of June, 2016.
Providus bank is licensed by the central bank of Nigeria as a commercial bank, with the license to provide financial services in some regions in Nigeria. With its headquarters in Lagos, it was registered as a regional bank (which only serves clients in Lagos and Abuja).
The bank provides debt financing facilities to small and medium-sized companies. The bank caters to agriculture, mining, hospitality, e-commerce, and art & entertainment industries.
The bank has one visionary goal: to serve large organizations and corporations, government agencies & parastatals, small and medium-sized businesses, companies, institutions, brands, and other high-net-worth individuals.
Providus Bank is part of the Banks & Credit union industry. Since the bank began its operation in 2016, it has had about 488 employees across all its locations.
Providus Bank is ranked among the tier 3 banks in Nigeria, despite being around in the local commercial banking space for around seven years.
Providus Bank Managerial Team
- Mr Walter Akpani – Managing Director/CEO.
- Kingsley Aigbokaevbo – Executive Director.
- Olufunke Jones – Group Head, Corporate Banking.
- Deoye Ojuroye – Chief Financial Officer.
- Gideon Jarikre – Group Head, International Operations.
- Olugbile Erinwusi – Chief Risk Ofﬁcer
- Chukwuma Nwachukwu – Group Head, Treasury.
- Olubukola A. Ajetunmobi – Chief Information Officer.
- Toritse Ayonmagbemi – Group Head, Admin & Operational Support Group.
- Theresa Ekong – Chief Compliance Officer.
- Ifeoma Nwogbo – Group Head, Personal Banking.
- Enyinnaya Akagha – Treasurer.
- Rita Amene – Group Head, Commercial Banking.
- Abosede Yinka-Ogundimu – Group Head, Institutional Banking.
- Atinuke Olajide – Group Head, Private Banking.
- Kingsley Ogirri – Group Head, Human Resources Management.
Providus Bank Head Office and Location
Providus bank headquarters can be located at 724 Adetokunbo Ademola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos State.
Providus Bank Customer Care Contact Details
Do you have a complaint or want to report an issue to Providus bank? You can connect with them. They prioritize all e-mails and try to respond as quickly as possible. All you have to do is send them a direct email at email@example.com.
If you notice a fraud or suspicious transaction on your account, please report it by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also place a call on 0700PROVIDUS; 070077684387 or 012367720
You can follow them on:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/ProvidusBank
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/ProvidusBank
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/providusbankig
A customer care representative from Providus Bank will reply to you and ensure your queries and complaints are solved ASAP.
You should know that no Providus Bank customer care representative will ask for your personal information like ATM PIN, ATM card number, Mobile Banking PIN, CCV Number, or Token or OTP (One Time Password) to complete your request.
Providus Bank USSD Codes
Unfortunately, Providus bank has no USSD code at the moment. The bank carries all its transactions on the mobile app. You can do virtually anything on the app. That said, check out this list of all Nigerian Banks and their USSD codes.
If you wish to send money internationally, you’ll need it. The swift code for Providus Bank is UMPLNGLA. With this code, you can make and facilitate payments in foreign currencies.
Providus Bank Mobile Banking App
The Providus Bank app allows you to bank quickly and conveniently from any part of the globe. Here’s what you can do with the app:
- Open a Providus Bank account.
- Reactivate Your Providus Bank Account.
- Transfer Funds.
- Buy Data & Airtime.
- Check Your Providus Bank Account Balance.
- Create an OTP (One Time Password)
- Create a Transaction PIN.
- Create Internet Banking Login Details.
- Pay Bills.
How To Open An Account With Providus Bank
Providus Banking system is unique and quite different from other banks.
Providus Bank Savings Account
Under this, several types suit each taste of the customer. They include:
Future Providus Account
The benefits of owning this type of account include attractive interest rates, special access to Providus bank events for children, and free E-statement & E-alert notifications, amongst others.
All you have to do is have an opening balance of ten thousand naira (N10, 000) only.
The benefits a youth account holder enjoys are unlimited monthly withdrawal on digital channels, an attractive interest rates, a customized debit card bearing the picture of the account owner, free access to career development materials, and free E-statement & E-alert notifications, amongst others.
For one to enjoy these benefits, he or she must be between the ages of 18 – 25, have an opening account balance of five thousand naira (5, 000) only, make single deposits below fifty thousand (N50, 000), must not have more than a three hundred thousand cumulative balance.
Affluent Savings Account
An affluent savings account holder enjoys the following benefits:
- Attractive interest rate.
- Access to Providus Bank Gold Debit card.
- Unlimited monthly withdrawals.
- Internet banking.
- SMS Alerts.
- Mobile banking.
- Free e-alerts and e-statements.
- Guaranteed interest payment to you irrespective of the number of withdrawals you make.
To enjoy the benefits of an affluent account holder, you must have a minimum opening balance of N100,000, and your income should be between N3,000,000 and N15,000,000.
Domiciliary Savings Account
Providus Bank also offers a domiciliary savings account to customers to save money in foreign currency. If you want to open a dollar account or save money in another currency, you will need a domiciliary account. Some of the benefits of this type of account are as follows:
- Internet Banking.
- SMS alerts.
- Free E-Alerts & E-Statements.
- Local & International Transfers.
- Mobile Banking.
- Access to in-branch services.
If you wish to be a domiciliary account holder with Providus Bank, you must have a minimum opening balance of $50 (EUR, GBP, YUAN). Also, the account can be operated in U.S Dollars, Pounds, Euro, and Yuan.
To enjoy this, you have to be above 65 years of age.
The benefits include Zero account maintenance fees and 5% monthly payments.
Providus Bank Current Account
A current account holder with Providus bank enjoys:
- Access to electronic banking.
- Internet banking.
- No minimum daily balance.
- Third-party withdrawals.
- Instant issuance of debit cards.
- Debit cards will be available for internet banking transactions.
- Mobile banking.
- SMS alerts.
- Free e-alerts & e-statements.
To enjoy these, he or she must have:
- Minimum opening balance of N100,000.
- Account opening form duly completed.
- One recent clear passport photograph of the signatory.
- Identification of signatories (Driver’s license, International Passport, National Identity Card, or Voter’s Card).
- Residence Permit (where applicable).
- Two independent and satisfactory references.
- Public utility receipt dated within the last three months (PHCN bill, water rate bill, tenement rate, etc.).
That sums up our article about Providus Bank. Also, keep visiting our website for finance news and updates.