Have you been facing difficulties when paying your bills using Remita? Or maybe you are searching for ways to safely pay your government bills using Remita? I can assure that this post will guide you.
Remita is an innovative tool for all electronic payments in Nigeria. The payment platform enables individuals and organizations to process their financial transactions conveniently. With Remita, you get to pay your bills, check your bank balances, transfer money, pay invoices and lots more easily.
Currently, the e-payment platform is the future of all e-financial transactions. It has received numerous wins as the software of the year. Here is all you need to know about this fantastic e-payment solution.
Table of Contents
What is Remita?
Remita Retrieval Reference popularly known as Remita is the most comprehensive way to make and receive e-payments in Nigeria and Africa. It is an e-payment solution introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to address the payment needs of individuals and organizations.
Adopted in 2016, by the Federal Government as a payment gateway for its Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy. Remita ensures the effortless management of electronic payments, collections, employee payrolls and schedules across all banks anytime, anywhere. Individuals and organizations can process intricate and complex financial transactions easily with Remita.
Today, it is widely accepted and used by millions of people and thousands of businesses including commercial banks. It is indeed a secure platform with advanced security features such as a combination of hard token, soft token, bio-metric token, and propriety authentication protocols.
Also, it allows business organizations to receive payments from their customers across nine different channels. These channels include the Remita Mobile App and Website, Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Cards, Merchant’s Websites, Point of Sales, and more.
Purpose of Remita
Remita can serve two major purposes. Personal and corporate.
REMITA for personal use
This is one of the major purposes one can use Remita for. Customers can;
- Check their balance in all the banks with a single Remita login
- Perform financial transactions from any bank account to another account in any bank
- View the progress of any transaction every step of the way, no hidden processes or black boxes
- Pay one or multiple beneficiaries at once. It can be microfinance, a commercial, a mortgage or mobile wallet bank.
- Use standing orders for routine payments and view all of them regardless of the account they were issued in
- Check all the transactions that come in and out of every available account.
Remita for Corporate use
Remita can also function effectively for corporate use. You can use Remita to;
- Gather payments through more than one channel. This includes utility bills, subscriptions, fees and more
- Pay salaries to the employees.
- Pay taxes on time by engaging scheduled payments to the specific government organizations
- Send payments to the accounts of vendors, staff, suppliers or other people in mortgage banks, commercial banks, micro-finance banks, or mobile wallets.
Remita is accessible on your smartphone anywhere, anytime in the world. All you need is an Internet browser and an Internet connection. Moreover, you can also download Remita App from your App Store.
Interestingly, the e-payment solution allows you to back up your data and retrieve it in case of emergency or disaster. It also protects your data with multiple security protocols. You can receive technical support on the website at any time.
How to pay Government bills with REMITA
If you intend on using Remita on frequently, I suggest you create an account with Remita. Creating a Remita account will enable you to make any e-payment conveniently at any given time. Moreover, it is stress- free. But if you don’t want to have an account, it is fine.
Whether you have a Remita account or not, you can still pay your bills using Remita effortlessly. The payment procedure is in two stages; Generating your RRR code and making the payment using the payment channels of your choice.
How to Generate the RRR code
Before making any payment, you must generate a unique code.
To Pay Federal Government or State TSA:
- Open remita.net with any web browser.
- Click “Pay FGN’s and State TSA”
- Select Pay Federal Government of Nigeria
- Type the name of the MDA from the “Name of MDA” field
- Then select the “Name Of Service/Purpose” that relates to the payment, and proceed with the rest of the steps in processing FGN TSA collection transactions on the platform.
However, if you don’t know, you’ll need to engage the intended beneficiary biller to ascertain the appropriate service type that best suits the intended remittance; and proceed with the rest of the steps in processing transactions on the platform.
- Click Submit to generate the RRR
How to make payment
After generating the RRR code, the next stage is making payment
Before proceeding to make your payments, you have to select the payment method of your choice. You can either pay using the internet banking, Remita app, ATM cards, E-wallets or even pay in the bank. If you have selected the payment method, then you can proceed with the rest of the steps in processing the transactions.
Now you should be able to pay your bills using Remita. It is a very simple and comfortable payment solution. So, If you find the article interesting and useful, comment below.