In this post, you’ll discover all you need to know about STERLING. From Sterling simple banking codes to Sterling Branches, Codes, and Customer Care. I will also cut out time to go over a few details in Sterling mobile banking, Sterling online details, the owners of Sterling, and more.
History Of Sterling Bank
Nigeria Acceptances Limited, a subsidiary of Sterling Bank Plc, was incorporated in 1960. (NAL). In 1969, the bank became Nigeria’s first merchant bank. Between 1974 and 1992, the Bank was administered in cooperation with Grindlays Bank Limited, Continental International Finance Company Illinois, and American Express Bank Limited, following the indigenization decree of 1972.
The Bank was partially privatized in 1992 and listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange as a public corporation (NSE). The federal government sold its remaining shareholding in the bank eight years later, in 2000, essentially making it a fully privatized organization.
As part of the Nigerian banking industry’s consolidation, NAL Bank, combined with four other Nigerian banks, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank, Trust Bank of Africa, and Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank (INMB), to establish Sterling Bank in January 2006. Since then, the merging entities have been effectively integrated and operating as a single entity.
Sterling Bank is now a national operating commercial bank, having sold its assets in subsidiaries and affiliate entities under the Central Bank of Nigeria’s repeal of universal banking. Sterling Bank Plc purchased the former Equatorial Trust Bank franchise in mid-2011.
The Bank’s operations and products cover the aspects of Retail & Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Institutional Banking, and Corporate Banking.
Under the Retail & Consumer Banking division, Sterling has introduced numerous projects such as Agent Banking (intended to attract the underbanked/unbanked), Micro-credit for adolescents, and Specta (an automated retail lending platform).
Its Commercial Banking division interacts with various industries, including agriculture, for which it has received numerous honours, and its Institutional Banking division provides value-added advice and collection services to government parastatals. Telecommunications, power and steel, and food and beverage are just a few of the industries covered by Sterling’s Corporate Banking.
Sterling Bank Board Of Directors
- Asue Ighodalo – Chairman.
- Abubakar Suleiman – Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer.
- Yemi Odubiyi – Executive Director, Corporate & Investment Banking.
- Tunde Adeola – Executive Director, Commercial Banking.
- Raheem Owodeyi – Executive Director, Operations/ Chief Operating Officer.
- Ankala Prasad – Non-Executive Director.
- Olaitan Kajero – Non-Executive Director.
- Tairat Tijani – Non-Executive Director.
- Michael Jituboh – Non-Executive Director.
- Folashade Kilaso – Non-Executive Director.
- Paritosh Tripathi – Non-Executive Director.
- Michael Ajukwu – Independent Director.
- Mojisola Bakare – Divisional Head, Corporate Client Coverage.
- Shina Atilola – Divisional Head, Retail & Consumer Banking.
- Olayinka Oni – Chief Digital Officer / Divisional Head, IT & Shared Services.
- Temi Dalley – Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Cyril Osheku – Chief Audit Executive.
- Temitayo Adegoke – Chief Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Ibidapo Martins – Chief Marketing Officer.
- Gboyega Adegun – Group Head, Investment Banking
- Olushola Obikanye – Group Head, Agric Finance & Solid Minerals
- Abiodun Aderoju – Group Head, Credit Collections and Recovery.
- Kelechi Nwaoba – Group Head, Transaction Banking & Corporate Solutions.
- Femi Jaiyeola – Chief Compliance Officer.
- Adebimpe Olambiwonnu – Group Head, Finance & Performance Management/ Financial controller.
Sterling Bank Head Office and Location
Sterling bank is one of Nigeria’s finest multinational financial institutions specializing in Retail, Corporate Banking and Investment Banking, Internet Banking, and Asset Management services.
Sterling bank is displaced nationwide and has its headquarters and branches at specific locations. The bank maintains a vast network of interconnected branches in all Nigerian states.
Sterling bank’s head office is at Sterling Towers, 20 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.
Sterling Bank USSD Code
The Sterling Bank USSD code is *822#.
Enjoy easy banking, send money, and pay bills without an internet connection using the USSD code.
You can use the *822# self-service code to
- Open a Sterling Bank account.
- Reactivate Your Sterling Bank Account.
- Transfer Funds.
- Buy Data & Airtime.
- Check Your Sterling Bank Account Balance.
- Create an OTP (One Time Password).
- Create a Transaction PIN.
- Create Internet Banking Login Details.
- Pay Bills.
You can also carry out any of these transactions by going to any sterling bank branch near you.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Full List of Nigerian Banks and Their USSD Codes
Benefits of using *822#
- Automatically connects all accounts where the customer has multiple accounts.
- Self-service registration.
- Customers can pay regular bills and utilities seamlessly
- Does not need mobile data or an internet connection.
- It operates on any kind of mobile device
- Easy, uncomplicated, fast, and convenient
Features of *822#
- The service is available to all Telco networks (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile).
- Readily available 24 hours a day and seven days a week
- Customers do transactions directly from their Sterling account.
- A reliable network at the customer location is required to access the service.
- The customer is required to create a transaction PIN for safe transactions.
- Customers can purchase airtime, pay utilities and bills, and make transfers to any bank account in Nigeria.
- The default limit at registration is N20,000.
- Customers who wish to raise their limit can do so with their debit card to a max of N100,000 per transaction.
- An extra PIN is required to transact with higher limits (from N20,001 to N100,000).
How To Activate USSD Code For Your Sterling Bank Account On Your Phone
You can register your phone number for the Sterling bank USSD code service with the following steps:
- Simply dial *822# on the phone number you used to register with STERLING Bank.
- Choose Option 1 (i.e. Registration).
- Next, enter your Account Number.
- Enter the last four (4) digits of your ATM Card.
- After that, you will need to create a 4-digit PIN.
- Then, confirm your 4-digit PIN.
- Finally, click Submit.
Not so hard, right? But guess what? it’s also FREE!!!
Sterling Bank USSD Transfer Code
You can also use the Sterling Bank self-service code to transfer up to ₦1,000,000 daily.
Simply dial *822*4*Amount*Sterling Bank Account Number# to transfer to a Sterling Bank Account.
*822*5*Amount*Other Banks Account Number#. Using the phone number you registered with Sterling Bank, follow the on-screen prompts to enter your pin and confirm the transaction.
It is convenient and easy to send/receive money; it takes less than 10 seconds to process and is available 24/7.
Dial *822*Amount*Account Number# (e.g., *822*1000*1234567890#) from the phone number you registered with STERLING Bank, then follow the on-screen prompts.
USSD Code For Sterling Bank Airtime Recharge and Data
You can also use the *822# self-service code for Airtime & Data Top-up. Simply dial *822*Airtime Amount# to purchase airtime for yourself
*822*Airtime Amount*Recipient’s number# to send airtime to a friend or third party.
For example, if you want to buy ₦500 airtime for someone, simply dial *822*500*08012345678#.
How To Check Your Sterling Bank Account Balance On Sterling Bank Mobile
You can also check your Sterling Bank Account Balance by simply dialing *822*6# on your Sterling Bank registered phone number. Then follow the on-screen prompts (You will be charged ₦10 for this service). You do not need to stand in slow, long queues or go to the bank to check your account balance.
How To Check Your Sterling Bank Account Number On Sterling Bank Mobile
Someone asked for your account number, and you have forgotten it. Do not worry; just dial *822*8# on your Sterling Bank registered phone, and it will show you your sterling bank account number. They will also send a text message just in case.
How To Update Your BVN
Simply dial *822*BVN# to update your Bank Verification Number (BVN) using the number you used to open your Sterling Bank account.
Suppose you want to check your BVN, dial *565*0# on your registered phone number. Do this If you have an adequate balance on your phone, at least N50.
How To Apply For A Loan On Sterling Bank Mobile
You can apply for a loan from STERLING BANK using *822# on your STERLING BANK phone number, answer all related questions, and see if you meet their requirements.
How To Reset Your Transaction Pin On Sterling Bank Mobile
If you ever feel someone has access to your transaction PIN or you forgot your PIN, you do not have to worry. You can reset your PIN and feel secure again. Simply dial *822# and select PIN reset.
How To Pay Bills On Sterling Bank Mobile
You can pay your bills by dialing:
To pay your Sterling Billers (DStv, GOTv, and PHCN bills, etc), simply dial; *822*Biller code*Unique code*Amount# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts.
You can also dial *822*2# to see the different billers.
To make your LCC toll payments, dial *822*15#.
How To Open A Sterling Bank Account
You can simply open a STERLING Bank account by dialing *822*7# on any network and phone (Nokia Torchlight, Android, or iPhone).
Follow the instructions, and your account number will be automatically generated and sent to you via SMS. Using this method, you don’t need airtime, data, form, or passport to open an account. Plus, it’s easier to link with your BVN.
Sterling Bank Mobile Banking
Sterling Bank Customer Care Numbers, WhatsApp, and Contact Details
Sterling Bank customer care email, Sterling Bank WhatsApp number, Sterling Bank email address for complaints, Sterling Bank help desk, Sterling Bank customer care online chat & customer service number have been provided to help customers contact Sterling Bank through any available means.
CONNECT WITH STERLING BANK
Do you have a complaint or want to report an issue to Sterling bank? You can connect with them. They prioritize all e-mails and try to respond as quickly as possible. All you have to do is send them a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sterling Bank Social Media Contact
You can drop your request or complaint messages on:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SterlingBankNigeria
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Sterling_Bankng
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sterlingbank
- WhatsApp: +234 906 000 6449
A customer care representative will reply to you as soon as possible, and all your queries and complaints will be solved ASAP.
You should know that no Sterling Bank customer care representative will ask for your personal information like ATM PIN, ATM card number, Mobile Banking PIN, CCV Number, or Token or OTP (One Time Password) to complete your request. They have everything they need on their end; you just have to say YES or No to authorize them to do what they must do.
Sterling Bank Customer Care Number
You can also reach them via their customer care line at (+234) 07008220000, 01-4484481, 01-8888822
Sterling Bank Live Chat
You can chat live with customer care representatives through the Live Chat option on their website.
Sterling Bank Swift Code
- Swift Code – NAMENGLA.
- Bank Name – STERLING BANK PLC.
- Bank Address – Sterling Towers, 20 Marina, Lagos Island, Lagos.
- City – Lagos.
- Country – Nigeria.
- Sort code – 232150016.
Sterling Bank Website
The website of Sterling Bank is www.sterling.ng.