Wema Bank has been in the business for over eight decades and has become Nigeria’s longest-surviving indigenous bank. Today, they have a network of over 150 branches and service stations. You might have heard about Wema Bank, right? Indeed, Wema has redefined digital banking in Nigeria, and many people want to know about this bank before opening an account.
Relax, I’ll guide you on every essential detail you need to know about Wema Bank in this post. I will throw more light on the Wema Bank USSD code, customer care, mobile and internet banking, history and owners of the bank, and many more.
Table of Contents
- History Of Wema Bank
- Wema Bank Branches and Locations In Nigeria
- WEMA Bank USSD Code
- Wema Mobile Banking (ALAT)
- How To Activate Wema Bank USSD Codes
- Wema Bank Customer Care Number and Contact Details
History Of Wema Bank
Wema Bank is one of Nigeria’s most resilient banks and the founder of ALAT, Africa’s first digital bank. Despite decades of expertise in the banking industry, the Bank has stayed inventive in delivering value to its stakeholders.
The publicly traded Nigerian firm has effectively established a reputation for trust and resiliency, earning the faith and loyalty of its consumers. The Bank is constantly developing new products and services to meet the needs of its customers at all stages of their lives. It is a proud partner to over one million Nigerian individuals, families, and businesses, assisting them in achieving their personal and financial objectives.
Gradually, they grew from a modest organization called Agbonmagbe Bank Limited to Wema Bank PLC in 1945, the same year the Second World War ended and began a new phase in our march to prominence.
Wema Bank was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange in January 1990. Still, it wasn’t until February 2001 that the Central Bank granted the bank a universal banking license, the first substantial growth that occurred, allowing them to provide a greater variety of financial services.
Wema Bank became a regional financial powerhouse in 2009, and it only took them six years to reach national prominence.
They have over 150 business offices and digital platforms that provide retail, SME, trade, treasury, business advisory, and corporate banking services to millions of Nigerians and foreigners.
Today, not only are they Nigeria’s longest surviving indigenous bank but they have also been celebrated globally for our resilience and unprecedented adoption of digital technology, which led to the launch of ALAT, Nigeria’s first fully digital bank, as a revolutionary Wema Bank product in 2017.
Wema Bank Managerial Team
- Babatunde Kasali – Chairman.
- Ademola Adebise – Managing Director.
- Moruf Oseni Deputy – Managing Director.
- Wole Akinleye – Executive Director.
- Oluwole Ajimisinmi – Executive Director.
- Chukwuemeka Obiagwu – Executive Director.
- Abubakar Lawal – Non-Executive Director.
- Abolanle Matel-Okoh – Non-Executive Director.
- Ibiye Asime Ekong – Non-Executive Director.
- Prince Olusegun Adesegun – Non-Executive Director.
- Dr. (Mrs) Oluwayemisi Olorunshola – Non-Executive Director.
- Adeyemi Adefarakan – Non-Executive Director.
- Mrs. Bolarin Okunowo – Non-Executive Director.
Wema Bank Branches and Locations In Nigeria
Wema Bank is headquartered at 54 Marina Rd, Lagos Island 102273, Lagos, Nigeria. They also have many branch offices in different locations around Nigeria.
WEMA Bank USSD Code
*945# is the code that does the magic. With this code, you can control your whole banking system using this Wema Bank code. *945# allows you to bank safely, anywhere, on any device, smartly and simply.
You can use the *945# self-service code to
- Open a WEMA BANK account.
- Reactivate Your Wema Bank Account.
- Transfer Funds.
- Buy Data & Airtime.
- Check Your Wema Bank Account Balance.
- Create an OTP (One Time Password).
- Create a Transaction PIN.
- Create Internet Banking Login Details.
- Pay Bills.
SEE ALSO: All Banks’ USSD Codes In Nigeria
If you have a domiciliary account and intend to make an international payment, I am sure you will need the Wema bank swift code. The Wema Bank swift code is WEMANGLA.
Wema Mobile Banking (ALAT)
Wema Bank has developed a mobile app for easy banking, which has been made available to all android and iPhone users. ALAT is a fully digital bank that lets you bank at your fingertips.
It is created to fit into your lifestyle and help you save more money. With ALAT, you may save automatically with a simple automated savings plan and earn 10% yearly interest, three times more than the usual bank rate. The ALAT by Wema mobile app can be downloaded from the Google play store and the App Store.
How To Activate Wema Bank USSD Codes
To activate this code:
- Dial *945# on the mobile line connected to your bank account. If the number presently used is not connected to your account, you would have to go to the bank to update your details.
- After dialing, follow the prompts and choose the options suited to you.
- Choose the account you want to make transactions from.
- Select a confidential PIN and confirm it.
It is important to note that most functions are free of charge, but a few transactions will require a charge from your account. The Wema bank USSD code can be used to achieve various functions which include:
- Account management.
- Cardless transactions.
- State collections.
- School and exam purposes.
- Payment of electricity bill and internet services.
- Airtime, data, and transfer transactions.
- Loan application.
How To Use Wema Bank USSD Codes
- *945*1# – To create a Wema bank account.
- *945*Amount# – To recharge airtime for yourself.
- *945*Phone no*amount# – To recharge airtime for a third party.
- *945*9# – To buy data.
- *945*account number*amount# – For Transfer to bank accounts (Wema and others).
- *945*0# – To check your balance.
- *945*00# – To change your PIN.
- *945*2*old acct number*new acct number# – To change your primary account.
- *945*01# – To register your account to be able to use the USSD code.
- *945*4# – To verify your BVN.
- *945*911# – To restrict your account.
Wema USSD Codes For Tv Cables Subscription
- *945*10# – Cable TV.
- *945*11*Smartcard number# – DSTV.
- *945*12*Smartcard number# – GOTV.
Wema Bank USSD Code For Paying Electricity Bills
- *945*24# – For your electricity bills.
- *945*25*meter number*amount# – Eko electricity bill.
- *945*26*meter number*amount# – Ikeja electricity bill.
- *945*27*meter number*amount# – Ibadan electricity bill.
- *945*28*meter number*amount# – Abuja electricity bill.
- *945*29*meter number*amount# – Enugu electricity bill.
- *945*30*meter number*amount# – Jos electricity bill.
- *945*31*meter number*amount# – Kaduna electricity bill.
- *945*32*meter number*amount# – Kano electricity bill.
- *945*33*meter number*amount# – Port Harcourt electricity bill.
Wema USSD Code For Checking Exam Results
- *945*70# – WAEC.
- *945*71# – JAMB.
Wema Bank Customer Care Number and Contact Details
Wema bank customers can contact the bank’s 24-hour contact center, Purple Connect, at 08039003700, 07000PURPLE, 070022552528 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
If you have a complaint or want to report an issue to the bank, you can contact them via email. Wema Bank treats all e-mails as a priority and tries to as much as responding as quickly as they can. All you have to do is send them a direct email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can connect with Wema Bank on different social media networks to let them know about your query or complaint on:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Wema Bank plc
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/Wema Bank
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/wemabank
Additionally, you can also contact their Wema Bank Customer Care center on:
+234-803-900-3700, +234-01-277-7700-9, 07000PURPLE (07000787753) or chat them on +2349044411010 (WhatsApp).
Remember that a customer care representative of the bank will reply to you and work to see that all your queries and complaints are solved ASAP.
Most importantly, you should know that no Wema Bank customer care representative will ask for your personal information like ATM PIN, ATM card number, Mobile Banking PIN, CCV Number, or Token or OTP (One Time Password) to complete your request.
If the case or issue is of high priority or requires an emergency, you are advised to visit any Wema Bank branch near you.