For some families, a visit to an orphanage is their favourite family hangout. And for many empathetic individuals visiting and making donations to foster homes have become part of their lives.
Others see supporting charity homes as a way of giving back to society.
Whichever way you see it or whatever your reasons are for visiting or supporting foster homes, you deserve some accolades. Of course, those reasons are noble.
Most of us may have no idea what it feels to have no roots or even worse, to have your very own family. Those who are supposed to care and shelter you from the many vicissitudes of life, turn their backs on you.
Even if the plight of orphans and abandoned kids elude you, the almost helpless and innocent life of a child should give you an idea of what these homeless kids go through every single day of their young lives and sometimes even into their adulthood.
Most cases, these kids have to endure untold hunger, emotional starvation, neglect, and when they get very unlucky, physical and sexual abuse.
As individuals and part of the society, we own it not only to ourselves but also to humanity to do our part in lessening the magnitude of suffering endured by orphans.
Hence, if this is something of interest to you, and you would like to improve the lives of these less- privileged kids in any way you can but do not know how to reach them. Worry less!
We’ve put together the names and addresses of some orphanages in Ghana for easy contact and possible support and donations. Here’s the list of orphanages in Ghana;
Table of Contents
List of Orphanages In Ghana
In this article, we will be taking you through the list of orphanages in Ghana.
Osu Children’s Home
Osu Children Home is one of the orphanage homes in Ghana. This children’s home is in Labone, and they do not just care for orphans. They also take in children living in deplorable and toxic conditions.
Moreover, they take in orphaned, homeless and very poor kids and provide these kids with food, shelter and some form of education.
Furthermore, Osu children home also rely on help from kind-hearted individuals and volunteers for support and donations. If you’d like to make contact, you can find them at the addresses below;
- Address: Near Senior High School, Josiah Tongogori Rd. Labone, Accra Ghana.
- Email addresses: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Numbers: 0307020121, 0208177005
- Website: www.osuchildrenshome.com
This Orphanage is situated in Accra, Ghana. They care for orphaned and unprivileged kids.
Their primary source of support and assistance is from the government and empathetic individuals interested in putting smiles on the faces of less-privilege kids. If you’d like to visit, this is where you can find them;
- Address: Behind Teshie Police Station, Teshie, Accra.
Village Of Hope
You can find the Village of Hope in GomoahFetteh. This Orphanage cares for abandoned kids and relies heavily on donations from persons like you and I. Occasionally, they get contributions from the Central Government of Ghana.
If you’ll like to support, their address is;
- Address: GomoahFetteh.
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact: 0244313404, 0208232585
- Website: www.villageofhope.com
This Orphanage takes in orphaned kids within its environs, and those in charge of the orphanage do their best in providing these kids with health care and a home-like environment in addition to shelter and feeding.
Moreover, they appreciate any form of support or assistance. Therefore, if you wish to lend a hand, follow the addresses below;
- Address: No. 45 Hampson street, Latebiokorshie. Accra Ghana.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Phone Numbers: 0302676790, 02482477007
- Website: www.odeimophanagehome.org
Save Them Young Mission
This Orphanage also cares for unprivileged kids. Currently, they have in their care over a hundred children between the ages of less-than a year to teenagers.
Moreover, they see that these kids are well cared for by providing health care, food, shelter and education for them. Also, they accept and appreciate support and donations.
So, if you’ll like to make contact, visit the address or call the numbers below;
- Address: Golf City, Bethlehem, Ashaiman, Tema.
- Phone Numbers: 0507257552, 0208172932
Royal Seed Home
This Orphanage has about 133 kids in their care. They provide these kids with nourishment, shelter and health care. Also, they rely on support from empathetic and generous people. You can find their contact below;
- Address: Ofaakor, Ghana, West Africa
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: royalseedhome.org
This Foundation is a Christian NGO, and it cares for orphaned kids, providing with all the necessities of life plus education. The Foundation has a school where the children in its care get educated.
As usual, they rely on generous individuals for help. You can also visit them at the address below;
- Address: Block 6, Flat 28, SSNIT FLATS, KUMASI.
- Phone Numbers: 0322050764, 0208255523
- Email:email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.aldersgatefoundationgh.org
Christo Centric Orphanage
A group of good Christians runs this Orphanage, and it’s located in Accra. These kind-hearted individuals provide food, shelter, education, health care and a Christian foundation for the children in their care.
They rely majorly on donations from churches, good neighbours and generous individuals for support and assistance. So, if you want to contact them, visit the address below;
- Address: No. 3 off Taifa Dome, Accra.
- Phone Numbers: 0244686462, 0244954553
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.christoorphanage.org
St. Joseph’s Orphanage
This Orphanage also houses unprivileged kids while providing them with food, shelter, health care. Also, they rely on empathetic individuals for help and appreciate such a gesture.
To contact them, visit the address or call the number below;
- Address: JirapaWa, Upper West Region.
- Phone Number: 0392022883
Dormaa Children’s Home
This is another Orphanage in Ghana; they have about 50 children and provide the kids with what a family should provide for them. They accept and appreciate donations, and if you so wish, you can visit them at;
- Address: Mrs Boakyewaa Ankrah, P.O. Box 332, Dormaa Ahenkro
- Phone Numbers: 0541018287 / 0500301418
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: dormaachildrenshome.org
Beacon House Ghana
Beacon House is another Orphanage in Ghana with the sole purpose of providing shelter and home-like environment for orphaned and unprivileged kids. You can reach them at;
- Address: Kingstone Avenue, Dodowa
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone number: (+233) 24 366 5273 or (+233) 24 852 5569
- Website: beaconhouseghana.org
Egyam Children’s Home
This Orphanage also cares for unfortunate kids by providing them with the necessities of life. They welcome support and donations from any generous fellow.
You can contact them either by writing them or calling the numbers below;
- Phone Numbers: +233 (0) 243 931052/ 0332095852/0275076408
- Letter: EGYAM CHILDREN’S HOME, P.O. Box TD 1099, Takoradi, Ghana-West Africa
- Email addresses:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
SOS Children’s Village
This children’s home is not just interested in raising orphans but also try to these kids good standing in life. They provide food, shelter, medical care, education and among these necessities of life.
Also, they offer these kids vocational training to help them build their lives and become independent as young adults. To provide your support and assistance, you can find them at the addresses below;
National office: Behind the Trust Towers, Asylum Down Accra.
Phone Numbers: 0302222867, 0302233089, 0302233087
- Address: Near Caiquo Hospital, Comm.6, Tema.
- Phone Numbers: 0303306138, 0303303506, 0303306957, 0303303460
Address: Near Bonsu Junction Asiakwa Koforidua
- Phone Numbers: 0342099741, 0342099697
Address: Near the Chief’s Palace, AsokoreMapong, Kumasi
- Phone Number: 0322060910
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.sosghana.org
What do Orphanage homes need?
Below is a list of what orphanages in Ghana need
- Laundry machines.
- Sports equipment
- Brooms and cleaning supplies
- Wallpaper and paint
- School notebooks, backpacks, and teaching materials
- Toilet paper, toothbrushes, and paste, girl’s products, and lice shampoo
- Lots of light bulbs
- And many more items…
You can put a lot of smiles on the faces of those little kids by reaching out to them. And you don’t need to have millions before you do so. So, start saving lives and help humanity today!