Check BVN code for GTBANK, Zenith Bank Diamond Bank, Access Bank, Wema Bank, Polaris Bank, Eco Bank, and all other banks in Nigeria.
BVN is an acronym for Bank Verification Number. The Central Bank of Nigeria, in collaboration with the Nigerian Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS), introduced a Biometric Identification System known as BVN. How To Check BVN Details Online? To reduce and eliminate illegal activities and banking transactions, the BVN system was introduced. For a safer banking transaction
Do you know you can easily check your Bank Verification Number (BVN) without visiting the bank? Oh yeah!. I bet you are not aware if not, you will not be reading this post.
Just in case you have forgotten your BVN or you have misplaced the jotter or phone where you recorded your BVN, Worry not. Costfinderr got you. In this post, I will explain all you need to know about BVN and how to check the BVN code for any bank.
What is Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a distinct identification number for bank customers within the banking sector in Nigeria. Also, it is a biometric authentication of each bank customer, to aid electronic and cashless transfers through a unique set of digits(Daily Trust, 2016).
To prevent or curb illegal transactions in the banking industry, the Central Bank of Nigeria introduced Biometric data. Thus, no one can get access to your bank PIN number or even your signature without your BVN.
So, this means your account details and biometric information in the database are protected. Besides, the efficiency of banks is strengthened.
Benefits Of BVN
- BVN provides a unique identity that is verifiable across the banks in Nigeria
- BVN protects customers’ bank accounts and account details from unauthorized access
- It helps to address issues of identity theft, thus minimizing fraudulent activities
- It enables bank customers to participate in future banking
- BVN also increases the opportunity of catching customers on a blacklist.
- Strengthens the efficiency of Banking activities
- The customer’s distinct BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Banks in Nigeria
How to register for your BVN
Here are the guidelines to register for your unique identification number.
- Enter any branch of your Bank
- Then, fill and submit the BVN Enrolment form.
- Thereafter, you ensure that you enter all the biometric details (such as Fingerprint, facial Image capturing, etc)
- Then, you will be given an acknowledgment slip with the transaction ID.
- Within 24-48 hours, after the confirmation of your application, the system generates your BVN, and you will get an SMS for pickup.
How to check for BVN number using USSD code
If you want to check for your BVN number on your mobile phone, it is very simple. Just dial the BVN code- with the phone number associated with your bank account. This code is applicable to all the commercial banks in Nigeria and all networks in Nigeria-MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and 9MOBILE.
Therefore, the BVN code is not selective. It works on any bank or network that you are using in Nigeria. You can check your BVN anywhere, any time once you are with your mobile phone
How to get BVN on MTN
To get your bank verification number on your MTN network
- Simply dial *565*0#
- Wait for a few seconds to receive your 11-digits
How to get BVN on Airtel
If you want to check your BVN on your Airtel network
- Just dial the magic code-*565*0#
- Then wait for few seconds for NIBSS to send your unique 11-digits
How to check for BVN on GLO
Do you want to check for your BVN on your GLO network?
- Simply start by dialing *565*0#
- Thereafter, you wait for a split second to receive your 11-digits from NIBSS
How to check for BVN on 9Mobile
In case you want to check for your unique bank verification number
- Just start by dialing *565*0#
- and within a few seconds, you will receive your 11-digits.
How to check for BVN on various Banks
Below I will highlight easy ways you can check BVN for all banks. They are simple and easy to remember as well.
How to Check BVN For GTBANK
To check for BVN, Account Number & Balances on any of your GTB accounts, all you need to do is simply dial; *737*6*1# on your mobile phone and follow the instructions on your screen.
How to Check BVN For First Bank
Just dial *565*0# to check your First Bank Verification Number (BVN).
How to Check BVN For Zenith Bank
Simply dial *966*BVN# to update your Bank Verification Number (BVN) using the number associated with your Zenith Bank account.
How to Check BVN For Polaris Bank
Dial *565*0# from your registered number to retrieve your Polaris bank BVN.
How to Check BVN For FCMB Bank
You can easily check the BVN code for FCMB by dialing *565*0#.
How to Check BVN For UBA Bank
Kindly dial *565*0# on your registered mobile number to retrieve your UBA BVN.
How to Check BVN For Eco Bank
In order to know your Eco Bank Verification Number (BVN), thanks to the easy methods, you can now check your BVN number code on your mobile phone. Just dial *565*0# to check your BVN.
How to Check BVN For Wema Bank
Confirm your Wema Bank Verification Number by dialing *565*0# now!
How to Check BVN For Diamond Bank
You can use this *565*0# to check your Diamond Bank BVN code on any network you are using, MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, or Airtel.
How to Check BVN For Access Bank
Dial *901# on the mobile phone number you used to open your Access Bank account and follow the instruction. Then you’ll see your Diamond access bank BVN.
How to Check BVN For Stanbic Bank
Just dial *565*0# to check your Stanbic Bank Verification Number (BVN).
However, some banks have specific shortcodes where you can check your bank verification number. For instance, if you are a GTBank customer, you can use the *737# USSD code to check your BVN.
How to check BVN online
You can also check your BVN number online via internet banking. So, to check your BVN number online
- Simply log into your Internet banking app
- Click on the option-check BVN
Then your 11-digits will display on your front page.
For security purposes, always ensure that you don’t disclose your BVN to anyone.
BVN Code Charges
Using the BVN code is not free. It comes at a cost of N10.00. If you don’t have about 10.000 on your account, you won’t be able to view your Bank verification number.
You will receive the message above instead of your BVN 11 digits.
I hope you found this article helpful. By now you should be able to check your BVN. In case you encounter any challenges while checking your BVN, you can COMMENT below. Naijapricechheck is here to help you out.