Unity Bank is one of the large financial service providers in Nigeria. There is a possibility you have heard about banks like UBA, GTBank, and Kuda, but have you heard of Unity Bank?
Most Nigerians are yet to discover about this bank so we have made it necessary to equip you with essential details and knowledge about this financial institution. If you want to find out more about Unity bank, I employ you to sit back and read this article to the end.
In this post, I’ll be guiding you to about Unity Bank and share valuable information on the USSD code, mobile banking app, contact details of the customer care support team, and more. To get started, let’s see a brief history of Unity Bank.
Table of Contents
- History of Unity Bank
- Unity Bank Customer Care
- Unity Bank USSD Code
History of Unity Bank
Unity Bank was founded in January 2006 after the merger of nine banks with investment, corporate, and retail banking expertise. Unity Bank is now one of Nigeria’s largest retail banks, with 213 branches spanning 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory. By business locations, they are the 8th largest bank in Nigeria.
Individuals, corporations, and the public sector of the economy can all benefit from the Bank’s comprehensive range of financial services. Unity Bank focuses on SMEs and Agribusinesses as part of its continued commitment to the nation’s economic progress. The primary aim and focus of Unity bank is to be the retail bank of choice for all Nigerians.
Unity Bank Managerial Team
- Aminu Babangida – Chairman.
- Sam N. Okagbue – Independent Director.
- Dr. Oluwafunsho Obasanjo – Non-Executive Director.
- Yabawa Lawan Wabi, mni – Non-Executive Director.
- Hafiz Mohammed Bashir – Non-Executive Director.
- Mrs Tomi Somefun – Managing Director/CEO.
- Temisan Tuedor – Executive Director, South Bank.
- Usman Abdulqadir – Executive Director, Risk Management and Compliance.
- Ebenezer A. Kolawole – Executive Director, Finance and Operations.
Unity Bank Headquarters and Office Location
The headquarters of Unity Bank can be located at Plot 42, Ahmed Onibudo Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Office: No. 73 Ralph Shodeinde Street Central Business District Garki Abuja
- Email Address: customercare@Unitybankplc.com
- Helpline: +234 708 063 5555, +234 708 063 5500
- Website: www.unitybankng.com
Unity Bank Customer Care
Do you have a complaint or do you want to report an issue to Unity bank? You can connect with them. They treat all e-mails as a priority and try to provide a response as quickly as possible. All you have to do is send them a direct email to We_care@unitybankng.com or email@example.com.
You can also contact their Customer Care centre at +234 7057323225-30, 09-8734331, 07080666000. You are also advised to visit any Unity Bank branch around you if need be.
Unity Bank has accounts on different social media networks. You can follow them to get the latest news, giveaways, promos, and offers.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/unitybank
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/UnityBankPlc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/unitybankplc
A customer care representative from the bank will reply to you and will ensure that your complaints are solved.
You should know that no UNITY Bank customer care representative will ask for your personal information like ATM PIN, ATM card number, Mobile Banking PIN, CCV Number, or Token or OTP (One Time Password) to complete your request. They have everything they need on their end, you just have to say YES or No to authorize them to do what they have to do.
Unity Bank Swift Code
The Unity Bank swift code is ICITNGLA.
Unity Bank App
Unity Bank USSD Code
*7799# is the Unity Bank USSD code. Just like Kuda Bank, you can bank on the go and make any transaction from your account using the USSD code. Some of the things you can do with this code include:
- Open a Unity Bank account.
- Reactivate Your Unity Bank Account.
- Transfer Funds.
- Buy Data & Airtime.
- Check Your Unity Bank Account Balance.
- Create an OTP (One Time Password).
- Create a Transaction PIN.
- Create Internet Banking Login Details.
- Pay Bills.
RECOMMENDED: List of All Bank USSD Codes in Nigeria
How To Use Unity Bank USSD Codes
- To fund your Bet9ja Wallet – Dial *7799*403*Bet9ja ID*amount#.
- To recharge airtime for yourself – Dial *7799*Amount#,
- To recharge airtime for a third party – Dial *7799*Phone no*amount#.
- For Transfer to Unity bank accounts – Dial *7799*1*account no*amount#.
- For Transfer to Other bank accounts – Dial *7799*2*account no*amount#.
- To check your account balance – Dial *7799*0#.
- To check and verify your BVN – Dial *7799*5#.
- To block your account – Dial *7799*9*phone number#.
- To use USSD on a POS machine – Dial *7799*000*Ref ID#.
- For Cardless withdrawal – Dial *7799*8*Amount#.
How To Pay DSTV Subscription With Unity Bank USSD Code
- *7799*32*Smartcard no*1# – Access (#2000).
- *7799*32*Smartcard no*2# – Compact (#6800).
- *7799*32*Smartcard no*3# – Compact Plus (#10650).
- *7799*32*Smartcard no*4# – Family (#4000).
- *7799*32*Smartcard no*5# – Premium (#15800).
Unity Bank USSD codes for GoTv Subscription
- *7799*33* Smartcard no*1# – Gotv Lite (#400).
- *7799*33* Smartcard no*2# – Gotv Max (#3200).
- *7799*33* Smartcard no*3# – Gotv Plus (#1900).
- *7799*33* Smartcard no*4# – Gotv Value (#1250).
Unity Bank USSD Code For Paying Electricity Bills Electricity Distribution Prepaid (Eko)
- Eko: *7799*4*meter no*amount#.
- Ikeja Electricity (Prepaid): *7799*5*meter no*amount#.
We hope this article gave you every single piece of information concerning Unity Bank Nigeria. Check out our finance page to see information about other microfinance and commercial banks in Nigeria.