For those who do not know, It is very possible to travel by road from Lagos to Ghana. In fact, You would get a direct bus very comfortable, accommodating, and almost stress-free.
A road trip can be fun and frustrating but making it fun is all that matters. For both long and short distances, it can be adventurous if the stress part is taken off and it gives you that feeling of freedom.
Are you planning on taking a road trip to Ghana from Lagos by bus to be precise and you want to know the travel cost among other things? Yes, you are on the right page.
Ghana is a country which tourist visit often. The country offers a bustling nature of a metropolitan West African city and also a perfect atmosphere for relaxation.
The number of Nigerians traveling to Ghana increases annually. Most people pick Ghana out of other West African countries for their vacations and tour. The country shares a lot of similarities with Nigeria in terms of food, culture, and many other things. The ease in transportation also makes the journey a cool one for most people.
Without further ado, Let me give you detailed information on road travel to Ghana from Lagos.
The first thing to take note of when moving out of the country is your international passport. This is your pass to other countries; without it, you will be denied access to other countries.
For the case of Ghana, and every other West African country you can visit without your passport, but you must have your yellow card which is an ECOWAS card. This card is equivalent to an international passport within ECOWAS states. The yellow card can be gotten at ECOWAS headquarters in the 16 ECOWAS countries.
Now that you have your international passport or Yellow card then you are eligible to leave Nigeria. Then let’s look at what the transport companies got for you.
Table of Contents
Cost of traveling from Lagos to Ghana by Road
Like every other means of transportation, the cost of the ticket for road travels varies especially when it comes to an inter-country trip.
The ticket varies based on the current price of fuel, ticket demand, buses available among other factors. Also during the festive period, there is a hike in the prices of the ticket because of the number of people leaving for the celebration.
There are various buses plighting the road from Lagos to Ghana and this leaves you with the choice of who to go with. You should always remember your budget determines what you are going for and you should try and pick a transport company close to your abode for easy movement.
Buses that travel from Lagos to Ghana are listed below with their prices:
|GUO Transport||N17,500 – N26,000|
|ABC Transport||N13,000 – N19,000|
|EFEX Executive Transport||N15,000 – N20,000|
|Chisco Transport||N13,000 – N15,000|
|Cross Country||N17,000 – N22,500|
Let’s take a good look at this transport company one after the other.
For this company, their terminal is located at Alafia, Lagos, and their bus ticket is between N17, 500 – N26, 000.
- Address: Alhaji Orire Street, Coker, Alafia, Lagos
- Tel: 08174594910, 08075090620
This company happens to be one of the most popular in the transport business in Nigeria. It is found to be the best company that trade the Nigeria-Ghana route recently.
Their main terminal is located at Plot 79, Oba Kayode Akinyemi Way, Amuwo Odofin, FESTAC Bypass, Lagos state. The company has at least 2 buses traveling to Ghana from Lagos daily.
The transport fare to Ghana is between N13, 000 – N19, 000.
- Address: Plot 79, Oba Kayode Akinyemi Way, Amuwo Odofin, By FESTAC Bypass, Lagos
- Tel: 080340409964, 018793076, 08053001000, 08142552436
- Email: email@example.com
EFEX EXECUTIVE Transport
This company happens to be one of the best in Nigeria when we talk about comfort, reliability, and safety. Their terminal is located at Murtala Mohammed Way, Yaba, Lagos
The transport fare to Ghana is between N15, 000 – N20, 000
- Address: 77/79, Murtala Muhammed Way, Yaba, Lagos
- Tel: 08077790250
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHISCO is another popular transport company in Nigeria that affirms a comfortable road trip to Ghana. Their terminal is located at Jibowu international terminal, Jibowu, Yaba.
The transport fare to Ghana is between N13, 000 – N15, 000
- Address: 6 Ikorodu Road, Jibowu, Yaba, Lagos
- Tel: 0806517669, 08089273799
- Email: email@example.com
Cross Country Transport
This is the most popular inter-country road transport company in Nigeria. They provide quality and amazing road experience from Lagos to Ghana. Their terminal is also located Murtala Mohammed Way, Yaba, Lagos.
The transport fare to Ghana is between N17, 500 – 22, 000.
- Address: 345, Murtala Mohammed Way, Yaba, Lagos
- Tel: 08067024485, 07060418477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It should be noted that every transport company has different packages. Most times the ticket fee comes with feeding and other incentives. So that a good note and have a good understanding of their packages before going for any.
How long is the trip from Lagos to Ghana?
How many hours from lagos to ghana by road? For someone traveling by road to Ghana from Lagos, it is about 10 hours trip but there are a lot of things that can change that duration and they include:
The type of vehicle, the speed of the Vehicle, the Route and stop Overs among others.
- Remember that you are an ECOWAS citizen, you do not need a visa or travel documents to cross the border.
- Be careful when giving your passport to officials for stamping somas not to give the wrong person.
- Ask your driver relevant questions.
- Pack the things you think you will need before the start of the journey.
- Be comfortable and enjoy your trip.
There are things you should look out for when traveling to ensure a stress-free journey.
- Make your luggage as portable as possible. Leave out irrelevant things to avoid carrying a heavy load around. The weather in Ghana is warm so ensure you avoid packing thick clothes.
- Pack some snacks inside your bag as your bus will be stopping occasionally
- If you are going on a business trip or tour or vacation. Get your hotel ready. Try and book ahead of time to avoid any issues.
- To ease your movement, as soon as the bus drops you, get a cab to take you around as you might be entering the country late.
- Also if you are going for business transactions, change your money at the border as it is cheaper there.
- In case you are interested in sight-seeing if you on a business trip, get a guide so as not to go lost in the town.
You are ready for your trip, take extra cash with you as the need for it might pop up. Make your budget well and cover all the necessary things.
Ghana is just like Nigeria, even as small as the country is, it is part of the most visited African country in the world that people, tourist keeps going. Therefore it is essential to know what it takes to Ghana from Lagos by road as this will assist you in planning your journey, which I am sure you will enjoy.