Memorial Day is a unique holiday that pays homage to the men and women who fought bravely for the country in war. This day often comes with observances, speeches, parades, and many Americans make it a time for community gatherings and barbecues.
If you’re looking for something fun to do during Memorial Day, you can use this list of funny and inspirational quotes from famous people, we have a list that you’d love.
Here’s our top 100 memorial day messages that you can send to friends and loved ones.
1. “Let us honor our national heroes by promising them that we will always stand with our nation. Happy Memorial Day to you.”
2. To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
3. “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.”
4. Let us honor all the veterans and also all the servicemen for whom the nation always comes first…. Warm greetings on Memorial Day.
5. “May we never forget that freedom isn’t free.”
6. Nothing means anything till the time you don’t have the freedom to think, freedom to speak, and freedom to act. Let us thank all those who brought freedom to our lives. Happy Memorial Day.
7. let us take inspiration from the brave soldiers to become good citizens of our nation, Greetings on the occasion of Memorial Day!!!
8. It is their courage and love for the nation that made them happily sacrifice their lives…. Happy Memorial Day to you.
9. “Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay.”
10. Sending warm wishes to the armed forces of America who have always been fighting for the glory, happiness, and growth of the country and its countrymen. Happy Memorial Day. May God bless you!!
happy Memorial Day wishes to friends
11. Wishing you a very happy Memorial Day! To the US armed forces, thank you for keeping us safe 24×7 and always taking care of our safety. Happy Memorial Day!
12. Happy Memorial Day! As we pause to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, may we be inspired by their love and devotion. They answered the call of duty so that we may live in freedom.
13. Hey! Happy Memorial Day! Hope you’re having a fantastic start to the summer. I hope things are going well for you, wish I could come over for a visit. Until next time…
14. Happy Memorial Day wishes to you, my friend. I do not doubt that the land of the free and home of the brave will continue to be the best country in the world provided we make it so.
15. It’s a day to commemorate all the great things we have achieved by working together as a team. From this day forward, every Monday will be a holiday for all my friends as I dedicate every minute of my waking time to you. Happy Memorial Day!
16. Memorial Day wishes to my best friend. I am proud to celebrate it with you because you are an iconic person. You help in all times of need, even if they’re caused by you. And you’ll never leave me. Although many athletes have been gifted with some or other natural talent, I must say that there is no one better than you! You are the reason why I stand tall and walk the path like a boss!
17. Happy Memorial Day friends, I hope that you all take a moment today to remember those who fought for our country and have not returned. The sacrifices they made are so important and I am praying for their families and friends.
18. I know you are busy today, but I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and remembering all the good times we had together. I hope today turns out great for your family, and no matter where life takes you, I want you to remember that I love you very much.
19. I am so grateful to have you in my life. You give me strength and inspiration in all I do. I think of you often and long to see your smile. I love you and hope the future brings you the happiness, security, and health that you deserve.
20. Happy Memorial Day friends! I hope everyone is having a great summer! I just want to thank you for being you and I hope everyone has an amazing day! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!
happy Memorial Day wishes to clients
21. Memorial Day is a special time to remember our fallen soldiers. I hope you listen to some music, take a walk outdoors, or fire up the grill this weekend. Whatever you do, just remember to take a moment and thank your heroes for the freedom they give us!
22. Happy Memorial Day to our family! How lucky I am to have 7 of the best clients a boss could ask for. This day is always about family and friends, and we celebrate you. You are loved by all of us, always and forever. Cheers!
23. This holiday is a chance to remember the brave soldiers who gave their lives to our country. So today we take the time to honor and thank them for defending our great nation. And you can commemorate this day by visiting a local war memorial or cemetery and placing…
24. America is the home of the brave, and today we honor those who have served our freedom. You all deserve our deep respect, as it is not easy to give up one’s pleasure to fight for what you believe in.
25. Here’s to work and time off. Here’s to peace, love, and happiness. Here’s to everything that makes us who we are. Thank you for being such a great friend, let’s toast until it hurts!
26. Happy Memorial Day Dear client, I hope your day is as wonderful as you are. I see all the good that you do for the world and wish I could do more to share it with people. You and your family have shown me what goodness looks like and I thank my lucky stars that God has blessed me with you in my life. Thank you for always believing in me.
27. Memorial Day is a time to thank our troops and pray for their safety. I am so thankful that they are willing to put themselves in harm’s way to protect and preserve my freedom. Freedom isn’t free, and I’m proud that they have taken up the burden of freedom to ensure our nation’s survival. Here’s to a great memory of those who have given their lives in defense of our nation. They will never be forgotten. Happy Memorial Day!
28. Memorial Day is the day we remember those who died serving our country. Let’s not forget to thank them for their service and sacrifice. A moment of silence is a small acknowledgment of appreciation.
29. It’s a beautiful holiday weekend, and I wanted to take just a moment to wish you and your family a very happy Memorial Day. Even though this weekend has always been about friends and family, it’s especially important this year because of what is happening overseas. Our servicemen are working hard so that we can all live as Americans in peace and freedom. So again, Happy Memorial Day and God bless!
30. I hope you have an amazing Memorial Day weekend!
happy Memorial Day wishes to employees
31. The sun shines brightly today, Our American Flag is waving high, as we gather to remember those who have given their lives so That we may be free. It is Memorial Day, and on this normal day, we give thanks to our country and rejoice in its liberty.
32. Remember how excited you were to get that check in the mail? Now you’re celebrating 3 months in a row since your last payment! You haven’t had to worry about finding extra money for some time now and can concentrate on doing the things you love. We are all very thankful for our veterans; thank you for serving our country. Happy Memorial Day!
33. Just a simple reminder that I am thinking of you, and wishing you a happy Memorial Day! Whatever it is that you are doing remember those who gave their lives for our freedom, and know their sacrifice will not be in vain.
34. Happy Memorial Day to my clients with sincere thanks for your business! You guys are great to work with and I wish you all Summer blessings. Thanks for making last year a stellar one!!
35. Memorial Day is a special day. It’s to thank those who fought and continue to fight, to defend our country. Thank you for all that you do! We appreciate everything you provide for us, and we want you to know how much we appreciate you!
36. Here is some happy Memorial Day to you! May this holiday stand for freedom and for the great heroes who fought for it. To me, this is our Independence Day, a special day to remember them and to remind us of the freedom and rights we enjoy.
37. It’s a holiday for the dead, but we celebrate being alive. Hope you have a wonderful day spent with your friends and family.
38. It’s been six years since your first job with us. We have always been thankful that we found you because you make our lives a little easier. (We love you too!) You are a great friend and; a terrific worker and we look forward to more fun times in the future! Thank you so much for being such a positive part of our team!
39. As we celebrate Memorial Day with our friends, families, and loved ones; we honor the veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice. May those that have served, be remembered for the sacrifices they made.
40. Happy Memorial Day!! It’s a day when we remember that freedom isn’t free! We live every day with the many freedoms we have because men and women, who came before us, made great sacrifices to provide those freedoms. Making freedom is one of the proudest things a person can do. Thank you for your service and sacrifice!!
happy Memorial Day wishes to dad
41. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! Lord, the God, bless the souls of our loved ones who have left us. We remember and love them more with each passing year.
42. Memorial Day has come and gone, but you will always be remembered. I hope you are resting in the lord’s arms, with God at your side. Love ya, Dad!
43. Happy Memorial Day! as you are remembering all those who gave their lives so that you were able to rest and be thankful for your freedoms, never forget, on this day and every day, to be thankful for them and to live life to the fullest. I love you Dad!
44. Happy Memorial Day! I thank you for every good thing you have given me. I thank you, Dad, for always being there. I thank you, dad, for all your wisdom and love. I thank you, Dad, for listening to me. I thank you, Dad, for giving me a reason to exist.
45. You fill my soul with peace and happiness. I miss you every day but knowing you are looking down on me gives me so much comfort. I love you Dad so much! Thank you for everything you do. I appreciate all your hard work, sacrifices, and dedication. Happy Memorial Day!
46. Memorial Day is all about celebrating the lives of our beloved soldiers. We want to send out special wishes to the soldiers living and dead so they know they are in our thoughts. We must remember the soldiers who died fighting for our country. Having a loving family and a beautiful home isn’t easy when you have gone through so much fighting. These are heartfelt wishes from a daughter, sister, and mom, who believes every person has the right to live a long and happy life.
47. Memorial Day is to honor and remember all the men and women who have served and died for our country. We also remember those that are currently serving our freedom. It’s a day of honor, a day to reflect on what we have that we so often take for granted. A day to celebrate everything good and peaceful in our lives and to say thank you to all those that defend it. To those that have served, know that you are appreciated. To the families with loved ones deployed,
48. Today is a time for us all to remember the ultimate sacrifice our soldiers have made. It’s not just a day off from work, but also a day we can tell our loved ones we are grateful for them and everything they do for us. Take a moment to hug, snuggle and let your loved ones know how much you appreciate them.
49. Memorial Day is a time to celebrate those who have made the ultimate sacrifice. It is also a time to appreciate their families who are still so bravely fighting. I hope you all get a chance to relax and enjoy this long weekend, make some memories, and spend them with friends and family! God bless America.
50. Happy Memorial Day wishes to dad from the bottom of my heart, I send you all my love and warmest wishes. May you be blessed with a very happy memorial day.
happy Memorial Day wishes to mum
51. Happy Memorial Day wishes to my mum, I still remember the first time you held me and the first words you told me, “I love you, Mom.” Well, now I tell the same words to my daughter. You are a wonderful mum and always there for me. Happy Memorial Day, Mum!
52. We sure are so lucky to have you as our mum. Happy Memorial Day wishes to the greatest mum in the world. We love you.
53. Memorial Day will forever be a special day to me because it was on this day years ago that you were born. I can’t express in words how much you mean to me. I hope my card makes you smile and know how grateful I am to be your mother. Love, mom
54. Happy Memorial Day! We are so thankful for all of the people who have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect and serve our great country. We cannot forget that our freedom comes at a cost, and I am very proud of all those brave men and women who have and continue to put their life on the line every day. Thank you, God bless, God, bless America, and Happy Memorial Day!
55. Thank you for your love and guidance throughout my whole life. It has always been there, even when I didn’t realize it. You are the greatest mother and friend in the world. I am so glad to call you mine.
56. I hope you have a wonderful day and are surrounded by the people that love you. I want to make this day one you will never forget. I know that you have a lot on your plate right now and I just want you to know how much I appreciate your dedication to work. Happy Memorial Day mum!
57. Happy Memorial Day mum! I didn’t forget you. I love you and hope you have a very nice holiday!
58. Happy Memorial Day! I hope you are having a wonderful day with your family and friends. I wanted to write you a note to let you know how much you mean to me. You are the most amazing woman I have ever met. Every day that goes by, I fall more in love with you. I hope that when the time comes for me to have kids and give them advice, all I need to tell them is one thing: love their mother.
59. Today I want to remember and thank the people who sacrifice themselves on the front lines so that we can go to the pool and complain about how hot it is. I want to remember all of our soldiers who gave their lives to give us this freedom. I think about them every day and smile because they are watching over us from above as we live our lives in peace and prosperity. Thank you for everything you do and for protecting our country. Happy Memorial Day!
60. I am so very grateful for you and everything you do. Thank you for raising me with love, patience, and grace. Thank you for being such an awesome example to me. You are the woman I admire most in the world and my number one fan!
happy Memorial Day wishes to brother
61. Happy Memorial Day, brother! Every year, I look forward to this special day. You have always been like a hero to me, and you continue to inspire me each day. You are amazing and I love you with all my heart. You are the best brother ever! I hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and happiness.
62. Dear brother, I hope you’re having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I am thinking of you during this holiday and I want to let you know how much I love and appreciate you. Happy Memorial Day to my Bro from your sis!
63. Happy Memorial Day to my brother in arms. I hope you are doing well and are enjoying your day off with friends and family. Thanks for your service buddy. You have always been there for me and I have always appreciated it.
64. Happy Memorial Day to my brother and the rest of our armed forces! I hope you all have a great holiday and that you are safe wherever you may be!
65. You are the best brother of all. I still miss you so much, but rest easy knowing I am thinking about you and that you will always be in my heart! You are a hero and a true patriot!! Love you always. Happy Memorial Day
66. Happy Memorial Day! I hope you get a lot of time to relax and reflect on the things you are most grateful for. You deserve it after everything you’ve been through. Enjoy this time off with your family, I know they’d love to spend some extra time with you!
67. Memorial Day is a special day for all those who served and still do. Thank you for staying strong and keeping us safe. I know it isn’t easy but you’re loved more than you will ever know.
68. I’ve always looked up to you and I still do. You are the best role model a girl could have. You are beautiful, smart, and strong. You are full of love and life, traits that have gotten me through so many tough times. I love you more than you will ever know and I am so proud to call you my brother.
69. Dear Brother, thinking of you today with love as we celebrate this holiday. I am grateful to have you in my life; your friendship means so much to me.
70. You have a great sense of humor and a heart of gold. I’m grateful you are my brother and that I can always count on you to make me laugh. You’re the closest thing I have to a best friend, and it makes our relationship so much fun! Happy Memorial Day!
happy Memorial Day wishes to sister
71. Happy Memorial Day sweetie, I miss you so much! Have fun doing anything you want without me there to bug you, but don’t forget about the traffic laws or I’ll whoop your tail when I get back! All I can think about is coming home to you. Hold the fort down for me and take care of mom. Love you to the moon and back!
72. You are my beloved sister. I hope your day is filled with laughter, good times, and all the love that you deserve. Happy Memorial Day!
73. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY! I hope that this day finds you safe and sound, filled with love, and surrounded by family. The beginning of summer is a great time for us to stop and reflect on all the great people in our lives. We have been through so much together, but nothing can change my feelings towards you. You are my sister, one of my best friends, and the best support system a girl could ask for. I love you!
74. Happy Memorial Day, my little sister! I am so grateful to have you on this planet. You are the best sister in the entire universe! I love you.
75. HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!! I want to thank you for being there for me no matter what. Everyone else thinks you’re silly, but I don’t. You’re my biggest supporter and my very best friend. It means so much to me to have a sister like you. Thank you for being there through the good times, bad times, and every time in-between. Love you always!
76. Happy Memorial Day! Throughout the years, I’m glad that I’ve had such an awesome sister like you! You’ve accomplished so much and I’m very proud of you. I love you to the moon and back and thank you for all that you do. I hope your day is filled with joy.
77. Happy Memorial Day to my BFF, a.k.a., my sister from another mister, the best friend anyone could ever ask for! I want to thank you for always being there for me, no matter what. I’m so lucky to be able to call you mine and to share all our ups and downs. I love you like no other and am so thankful that God has blessed me and my family with someone as amazing as you are!
78. Happy Memorial Day to my amazing sister. There is not a person in this world that would have been prouder of you. Pictures from trips, graduations, and other special moments are all over our house, and I hope you will let me continue to share the good times with your family after you’re gone. Although things may seem hard for you right now, know that your successes and achievements throughout life will never be forgotten.
79. I used to think Memorial Day was just a day off from school. But now that I have grown up, Memorial Day is more than that to me. It’s a day that we recognize and honor the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for our country. And I do this by cherishing my memories of you. Even with your death, you are still the one person who always celebrated with me on this day. Happy Memorial Day, little sister. I LOVE YOU!
80. Happy Memorial Day to my sister. You are the coolest and most awesome person in the whole world. You are the greatest sister ever! Have a fun and safe holiday everyone!
happy Memorial Day wishes to social media
81. Happy Memorial Day Everyone! To all the friends and family–family and friends, who served this country to keep us free and to all those who died for freedom. Thank you for your service! I hope today is a great day for everyone, enjoy the time with family and friends.
82. I hope you have a great holiday with your family. I know it is a tough day for you, but I’m grateful that you still found space in your heart to care about me even after all the losses in your life. I love you so much!
83. Happy Memorial Day! Hope you are having a great day and remember those who made it possible for you to enjoy a day off. Thoughts and prayers go out to those who gave their lives so you can sleep in late today.84.
85. I miss and love you every day. I hope you have a wonderful day, and if I had to give you one gift from above it would be our child. I’ll see you soon honey and thank you for your service.
86. Memorial Day weekend will be here before you know it! I hope your weekend is spent with loved ones and with a little relaxation thrown in for fun. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy weekend, I love you!
87. Though I can’t be there in body, my heart is there with you. Thinking of our country and all the lives that have been lost to protect our freedom. God Bless America! I hope everyone has a GREAT Memorial Day weekend and enjoys the ones you love!!
88. Wishing a very happy Memorial Day to the love of my life! I’m blessed to have such an amazing lady in my life who makes every day that much better. I love you with all my heart and soul. Thank you for always putting up with me and making me laugh when I need it most! You are everything I could have ever wanted in a woman. To you, my beautiful wife and best friend, Happy Memorial Day!
89. Memorial Day is a celebration of the men and women who sacrificed everything so that we can live our lives without fear and in peace. Thank you to all men and women in our armed forces, be they past or present that have given their lives or served our country. You are truly heroes!
90. Happy Memorial Day from both of us to you. We wanted to take a moment to pause, reflect and say thanks for your sacrifice. We appreciate you and your family for what you do for our country and our future freedom. Thanks for serving.
happy Memorial Day wishes to family
91. Memorial Day is a day to remember all those who lost their lives so that we may live in freedom. It’s a time to come together and spend time with those you love. I am happy to have people like you in my life. I love you so much and will never take you for granted.
92. Happy Memorial Day!! I hope you are spending it with loved ones and friends. Thinking of you today and sending my love your way!
93. It’s Memorial Day weekend, so I just wanted to say… Thank you for the 3 years we had together. All of you taught me so much. I love you all, and I won’t forget about you.
94. Today is Memorial Day. A day to remember those who have fought and died for our freedom. I am so grateful to you every single day. I am grateful that you are mine forever! I love you with all my heart, my beautiful wife!
95. Memorial Day is dedicated to all those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Thank you for your sacrifice!
96. happy Memorial Day! I’m thankful for all our times together, for all the good times and all the bad. I’m so thankful for our friendship that has culminated in this amazing romance. Thank you for always being there when I needed you. Thank you for never making me doubt your feelings. Thank you for being the most amazing man I’ve ever known. My respect and admiration grow daily, because of your strength, courage, patience, and love. You are an amazing man, my amazing man!
97. Happy Memorial Day! I hope you’re all doing something fun to celebrate! If not, I hope it at least feels like a day off work 🙂 We are having a bbq and getting the kids some ice cream (which is just an excuse to spoil them) I love you SO much and hope today is a good one for you beautiful.
98. I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day! I wanted to send you all some summer love on this day and lift your spirits with these amazing photos! I hope that everyone has a day filled with family and friends who love them.
99. Happy Memorial Day! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Today we pray to those who lost their lives fighting for our country. We thank them for all the sacrifices they made, and we honor those who have returned. I am so thankful to have you in my life and safe at home to share this day with me.
100. Happy Memorial Day to you on the holiest of holidays here in America. Please enjoy your break and have a nice time with your family. I love you and miss you a lot.