Glo is the only telecommunication service in Nigeria that an indigenous Nigerian owns; it is also one of the best telecommunication companies for voicemail and data in Nigeria. They are very popular due to the quality and spotless services they render to their customer.
Transferring airtime from one user to another is a popular feature in Nigerian network service providers. In this article, I’ll be teaching you step-by-step instructions on how to transfer airtime from a Glo sim card to another Glo sim card.
Table of Contents
- How To Transfer Airtime From Glo To Glo
- 1. Using USSD Code To Transfer Airtime
- 2. Calling Customer Care To Transfer Airtime
- 3. Using Email To Transfer Airtime To Another User
- 4. Using Glo Mobile App To Transfer Airtime
- Guide on How To Change Glo Transfer Pin
- How To Reset Glo Transfer Pin
- Can I Transfer Airtime From Glo To Another Network?
- How Much Can I Transfer To Another User On Glo?
How To Transfer Airtime From Glo To Glo
The simple code to transfer airtime from one Glo user to another is *131#. However, there are other methods you can use to transfer airtime from one user to another.
Transferring airtime is not limited to the USSD method alone. You can also transfer airtime to another user by calling customer care. You can also transfer airtime by sending an email to customer care.
I’ll explain step-by-step how to use any of the methods used in transferring airtime on Glo.
1. Using USSD Code To Transfer Airtime
USSD is the most used and probably the easiest method for transferring airtime from one Glo user to another. This method works with any phone as long as it has connectivity to the Glo service.
Here’s how to use USSD to transfer airtime
- Open your dialer app. (If you are using a button phone, all you need to do is ignore this step and follow the next one)
- Dial *131# and click send
- After sending, Glo will require you to input the recipient’s phone number. The amount you want to send and the transfer pin.
- If this process is too long, you can simply dial *131*recepient’s number*amount to be transferred*transfer pin#
Please note that the default pin for transferring airtime on Glo is 00000. However, you cannot use the default pin to transfer; you have to change it to a personalized one before you can use it to transfer airtime.
Check below for instructions on how to change the transfer pin on Glo
2. Calling Customer Care To Transfer Airtime
Not everyone likes using USSD codes to get things done on their phone, or the USSD method looks too complicated for them. This method is for you if you’re one of those people. You can call customer care to assist you in transferring airtime to another Glo user.
Here’s how to call customer care to transfer airtime
- Open your dialer and call 121, the official Glo customer care number.
- Ask to speak with a customer care representative.
- You might have to wait a few minutes before a representative is available. It depends on the number of people they are attending to.
- When your call is being answered, tell he/she that you need help transferring airtime to another user.
- He/she will ask you some personal questions like when did you register your sim card or what’s your mother’s maiden name just to be sure you’re the owner of the sim.
- Once your identity is verified, the customer care representative will ask you to call out the recipient’s phone number.
- The airtime will be debited from your account and credited to the recipient’s account.
3. Using Email To Transfer Airtime To Another User
This method is not popular and rarely used. However, it is worth mentioning. If, for some reason, you can use any of the methods to transfer airtime, you can send an email to customer care to assist you in transferring airtime.
Here’s how to use an email to transfer airtime to another user
- Open your email app and compose the message below
- “I want to transfer airtime to another Glo number from my Glo airtime balance” for your message not to be found in Spam.
- Then copy and paste the following in your email message (body) “Hello. I am contacting you to help me transfer N200 to 07050399708 from my Glo SIM card airtime balance, and my number is 08055235406*. Please, it is urgent!”
Shortly, any active Glo customer care will attend to your message. He/she will let you know whether your request has been received proper action or not.
4. Using Glo Mobile App To Transfer Airtime
You can also transfer airtime through the Glo mobile app. You must download the app through the google play store or Ios AppStore and install it.
After installation, launch the app and sign in with your Glo phone number. If you’re just using the app for the first time, you’ll be sent an OTP for verification purposes. Once verified, you can use the Glo mobile app to send airtime to another user.
Guide on How To Change Glo Transfer Pin
The default pin that comes with Glo is 00000. However, you have to change the default pin to a personalized one before you can transfer airtime to another user.
To change your transfer pin from the default pin to the new one, dial *132*default pin*new pin*new pin#. To put it in context, if your new pin is 13567, you’ll dial *132*00000*13567*13567# and click send.
The new pin has to be inputted twice as a sort of confirmation so you won’t input the wrong pin.
How To Reset Glo Transfer Pin
If you can’t remember your transfer pin or you’ve forgotten what you used as your pin. Don’t panic. You can reset it back to the default one.
Here’s how to reset your transfer pin to default
- Open your dialer app and call the customer care service (121)
- Ask to speak with a customer care representative
- When a representative picks up your call, submit your complaint to him or her.
- They’ll ask a few personal questions to confirm if you’re the owner of the sim card.
- Once your identity has been confirmed, your pin will be reset.
Can I Transfer Airtime From Glo To Another Network?
No, you cannot transfer airtime from Glo to another network. You can only transfer airtime from Glo to Glo.
How Much Can I Transfer To Another User On Glo?
The minimum you can transfer is ₦50 at a time. At the same time, the maximum you can transfer at a go is ₦1000. However, you have a daily transfer limit of ₦5000.
Please note that there is a ₦10 charge on every airtime transfer.
Transferring airtime from one Glo user to another is very easy. All you have to do is dial *131*recepient’s number*amount to be transferred*transfer pin#. You can also transfer airtime through the mobile app or by calling customer care service on 121.
Please note that you must change your transfer pin from the default to a personalized one to avoid people transferring airtime without your knowledge. You should also note that there is a ₦10 charge on every amount you transfer.
The highest amount you can transfer at a go is ₦1000. However, you have a ₦5,000 daily limit. Please note that you can only transfer airtime to only Glo sim card. Following the instructions in this guide, you should be able to transfer airtime and data successfully without having any issues.