4G LTE has been the recent change in telecommunication technology; while the 3G LTE stands for the 3rd generation of telecommunication technology, 4G LTE stands for the 4th generation of telecommunication technology, and 4G LTE offers a lot more than the 3rd generation of telecommunication technology
Even though 3G LTE will deliver high-speed data effortlessly and efficiently, 4G will boost your data connectivity speed and give you a super HD Video streaming experience without lagging.
We know that most Nigerians are still stuck with the 3G LTE, and most people do not know how to upgrade their 9mobile sim to 4G LTE. This article will teach you how to effortlessly upgrade your 3G 9mobile sim card to 4G LTE.
Table of Contents
- How To Upgrade My 9mobile Sim to 4G
- How To Check If Your Phone Is 4G LTE Compatible
- What Are The Benefits Of Getting A 9mobile 4G LTE Sim Card?
- 1. High-Speed Browsing
- 2. Uninterrupted Streaming
- 3. Enjoy Clearer, And Faster Voice Calls
- 4. Listen To Music Effortlessly
- 5. Free Data
- What Are The Requirement Of 9mobile 4g LTE?
- How To Manually Set Up 9mobile 4g LTE
- 4G LTE Data Plans For 9mobile
How To Upgrade My 9mobile Sim to 4G
Unlike other service providers in Nigeria, 9mobile is way ahead of others in upgrading its sim card to 4G LTE. 9mobile does not require you to undergo the stressful process of upgrading your sim card, which includes queuing and paying a certain amount.
As long as the smartphone you use is 4G LTE compatible, you are good to go. Their (9mobile) system detects your phone is 4G compatible and automatically upgrades the sim card from 3G to 4G.
How To Check If Your Phone Is 4G LTE Compatible
You should always check your phone to know if it’s compatible with the 4G LTE network before attempting to upgrade your 9mobile from 3G to 4G. If your phone is incompatible with the network, upgrading your sim wastes time and money.
Here’s how to check if your phone is 4G compatible
- Go to the “settings” on your phone’s menu or just pull down the notification bar and click o the settings icon.
- Click on “connections.”
- After clicking on “connections,” click on “Mobile networks.
- After clicking on “mobile network,” you’ll see a network mode option for either sim; click on it.
- If the phone is 4G compatible, it will have “LTE” as an option, but if it’s not, it will only have 3G.
If you are also planning on getting a new phone, you can check if it’s 4G compatible through the pack. The company will write” LTE” on the pack if it’s compatible.
What Are The Benefits Of Getting A 9mobile 4G LTE Sim Card?
There are many benefits when using a 4G sim in Nigeria. Aside from the fast and non-lagging internet connectivity, you also get loads of free data.
Here are some of the benefits of using 9mobile 4G
1. High-Speed Browsing
You can browse with a 9mobile 4G LTE sim at high speed. This makes uploading, streaming, and even chatting faster and more enjoyable. With a 9mobile 4G sim, you could browse as fast as 200 megabytes per second.
2. Uninterrupted Streaming
If you enjoy watching and streaming movies on youtube or Netflix, then you’ll know that 3G doesn’t offer uninterrupted streaming. There are a lot of lags and buffering while using 3G to stream online. But with a 4G LTE network, you enjoy uninterrupted streaming on whatever platform you choose.
3. Enjoy Clearer, And Faster Voice Calls
If you use your data to call people on Whatsapp, using a 9mobile 4G will increase the clear the calls you make.
4. Listen To Music Effortlessly
If you like streaming music on platforms like Spotify, apple music, or boom play, using a 9mobile 4G sim will make listening to music fun and interesting.
5. Free Data
People who use the 9mobile 4G sim get loads of free data. For example, when you switch from 3G to 4G, 9mobile offers you free data.
What Are The Requirement Of 9mobile 4g LTE?
There are minimum requirements every 9mobile user must meet before he or she can enjoy the 4G LTE network.
Here are some of the requirements;
- A 4G LTE compatible smartphone
- Users must reside within locations with 4G LTE networks. Some of the areas that support 4G are Abuja, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Katsina, Gusau, Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Ogbomosho, Ibadan, Ife, Oyo, Maiduguri, Zaria, Aba, Bauchi, Sokoto, Enugu, Warri, Bonny Island, Abeokuta, Ijebu Ode, Makurdi, Kuje, Nnewi, Okene, Gwagwalada, Ogidigbe, Awka, Ekwulobia, Umuahia, Onitsha, and Benin.
- A 4G LTE 9mobile sim card
- 9mobile 4G data plans. It could be daily, weekly or monthly plans.
How To Manually Set Up 9mobile 4g LTE
There are situations where the 4G network won’t work with your phone even after you’ve confirmed that the sim card is 4G and your phone is 4G LTE compatible. If you have such a problem, you can manually set up the 9mobile 4G service.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to your phone setting and click on it
- Click on connections
- Click on “mobile network.”
- After clicking on “mobile network,.” You’ll see “Access Point Names”; click on it.
- After opening it, you’ll an option to add a new access point name (APN). Click on it and insert the following settings into it.
Access point names (APN):9Mobile
Username: Leave Blank
Password: Leave Blank
After filling in these details, save it, and you should start enjoying 4G LTE service. However, if the problem persists, you should call their customer care representative by dialing 200.
4G LTE Data Plans For 9mobile
|Data Plan||Amount||Activation Code||Validity|
|165 GB||₦50,000||*229*5*2#||180 days|
Upgrading your 9mobile sim to 4G LTE is not hard. All you have to do is get a smartphone compatible with the 4G network. Following the instructions in this article, you should be able to upgrade your 9mobile sim card from 3G to 4G LTE.